Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Twinky Gearbox

Featured Replies

after some info on twinky gearboxs

ratios for final drive

is the fwd gearbox have a model no

can u interchange other fwd toyota gearboxs

 

some1 throw me a friggin bone here :ban:

 

sydney,thanks

how about some more info as to what you have, and what you want to achieve?

 

the common one is the c5# as found in fwd corollas, ae82 etc etc.

 

i can help, but id rather answer specific questions rather than write an essay on everything i know about em :hug:

  • 2 weeks later...

There one urban legend story here in Ipoh, Malaysia, about an AE101 corolla (no, not levin) had an Blacktop 4age transplant with a 2zzge gearbox. Had met it on the road and .....wow....so fast....but cannot confirm about the gearbox but if true man....it so fast.

Sorry Jamie, but I don't doubt it at all. Reason: the 2ZZ-GE use the C60 transmission, same as was used in the AE111 20v.

 

All FWD Corollas have used the C-series transmissions. Early ones came with the C40 and the C50. Others have used the C51, C52, C56, C59. The only differences between these boxes was ratios. The current Corolla (with 1ZZ-FE) uses the C150, which I believe is just a beefed up version of one of the C50's and uses the same ratios as one of those gearboxes (C52 I think).

Oh, I think there was only one final drive ratio for the C5* transmissions. I can't really remember, and the info I had is still on my laptop which isn't working. The C60 definitely has a different final drive, and I'm not sure whether it will fit in the C5* or not. It might, but I don't think anyone's bothered trying yet.

 

And I forgot, the C5* have also been used in the Starlet, Paseo, Sera, and Echo/Yaris.

no, the ae111 used the c160 the zze12# use the c60

quite different from each other. i don't know for sure if they are interchangable, but i doubt it

also the c series box that fits the "E" series engines (in paseo starlet etc) has a different bolt pattern to the "A" series ones

Due to the lack of ever hearing of ZZFE engines being converted to RWD with T series gearboxes, I reckon the ZZE and AE gearbox interchangability would be a "no"

 

But I like to be proved wrong.

 

:lmao:

Hang on, I'll just drop Leila's engine in Lola. I'll be back in five.

also the c series box that fits the "E" series engines (in paseo starlet etc) has a different bolt pattern to the "A" series ones

But the gears will still all be interchangeable, even if the exteriors (are they called bellhousings on FWD?) are not.

 

In fact I think you'll find the gears from all the C-series transmissions are interchangeable. After responding to this post last night, I went and searched the Net for the information I had found previously, and then went and put it in the FAQ section. It was interesting to note that the C65M 6-speed transmission has the same gears as the C56 5-speed manual transmission, just with an extra gear on the end (and probably a different final drive). See here.

 

And if you're certain that the C160 is used in the Sportivo, then it means that the C160 and C60 have the same gears, so the C160 is either just a stronger version of the C60, or (and this would seem more likely with the new info you have given me) the C160 is exactly the same as the C60, except for a different exterior to suit the ZZ-series motors instead of the A-series.

no, the c160 is in the ae111s. as in levins and truenos amoungst others.

 

they are quite different. the input and output shafts etc are different as well as all the gears. iv checked the part numbers.

 

it maybe possible to swap the gearsets over.

 

but the c60 wont bolt to an A series engine, and a c160 wont bolt to a ZZ series.

 

 

iv just noticed that the 6 speeds used on the SA and OZ 2zzge cars is a c150. as opposed to a c60 in the jap cars

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.