Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4Ag-Ze Into Ke70 Question.

Featured Replies

G'day,

 

I'm going to put a 4AG-ZE into my KE70 and was wondering if anyone on this site

knows what parts are needed and a few short steps of the things that will be involved with install.

 

 

Is it better to get just the 4AG-ZE?

Or

Get a half-cut?

 

 

 

 

 

Cheers Cody.

tried a search? have a look on the ae86drivingclub as well

  • Author

I've done searches but you don't know what to believe or if there's better options to what they've said.

You need the following parts for the cheapest fitment.

 

AE71 engine crossmember

AE71/AE86 steel engine mount brackets

AE71 manual pedal box and clutch line

AE71 manual gearbox crossmember

AE71/AE86 T50 gearbox and bellhousing

AE71/AE86 tailshaft

4AGE flywheel as the 4AGZE flywheel is too thick to fit in the T50 bellhousing.

You need to modify the supercharger bracket as the engine mount bracket for the RWD mounts uses the same holes, Just chop the supercharger bracket down.

Factory ECU and loom.

Motor complete

Fuel pump and surge tank.

 

That's the bare minimum and I'm sure ive missed bits. Your probably going to break the T50 too.

 

Search, Most of what has been said is true. Half cuts are expensive, Just wait for a motor or conversion to come by.

Edited by AE70

Phuckin spot on. At the moment i can't think of much else either. And i hope you are good with wiring too, running the loom, relays etc etc. This will be a big project, and if you have doubts about it, don't do it!! Been there before myself. Wait untill you are financialy ready, and have all the tools and know how to pull it off.

  • Author

Cheers!

 

Gives me a bit of a list of items to start browsing for and aquiring.

I converted my ke70 to 4agze. I regret doing it and I regret not finishing it.

 

I blew close to 6k on that car and for the same money I could have bought a 180sx sr20det or fitted an sr20det to my ke70.

 

I can't justify that sort of cash on a shit box ke70 now. I like them but not as much as 10's and 20's.

I've spent 7k on mine so far. Still need full exhaust, front suspension and brakes, seats and gauges.

Sooo....$10,000 for a fully rebuilt 4Ag-ZE into a KE70 wouldn't be far off? Especially if you can't do all the work yourself. ..and there's never any point in fitting an old engine without a rebore and a crank grind.

 

Its very hard to see the full cost of a project before you start, unless someone else has done it and added it up.

Edited by altezzaclub

10k easy to fit a rebuilt 4agze and do suspension, brakes, body work and interior.

 

Don't get me wrong they have a lot of potential but to get that potential it takes more cash that the car is worth, My opinion anyway.

Sooo....$10,000 for a fully rebuilt 4Ag-ZE into a KE70 wouldn't be far off? Especially if you can't do all the work yourself. ..and there's never any point in fitting an old engine without a rebore and a crank grind.

 

Its very hard to see the full cost of a project before you start, unless someone else has done it and added it up.

 

is there really a need for a crank grind if it hasn't spun a bearing?

  • Author

I was estimating around 10k.

 

I'm doing it for the experience, learning new things,

something to do in the spare time and for the finished product.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.