Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Racing Dynamic Abilities Tincan

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks Luke. Well on the weekend I steamcleaned the interior. Looks almost as good as it would have when it left the factory. I am currently hunting down an AE92 SX series two front brake package as a neat little upgrade. The car is back on the stock alloys for now as I was ruining the semi slicks on the road.

 

I'll definitely have to put up some photos of the interior very soon :)

  • Replies 100
  • Views 46.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 78_7kRolla
    78_7kRolla

    Hahaha Hendo was just taking the piss mate. But yes, that is exactly what it is there for and I did however notice a smoother power delivery once the sticker was applied.

Posted Images

Thanks Luke. Well on the weekend I steamcleaned the interior. Looks almost as good as it would have when it left the factory. I am currently hunting down an AE92 SX series two front brake package as a neat little upgrade. The car is back on the stock alloys for now as I was ruining the semi slicks on the road.

 

I'll definitely have to put up some photos of the interior very soon :)

 

Definitely! :y:

 

Semi slicks on street, its all good, they have tread :laff:

Edited by carbonboy

Hey Matt, Leighroy has a sv21 Camry setup in his "82". Stops awesome. Think it involves sv21 calipers and the ae92 gti disks was pretty much bolt straight up. I'll be seeing him tonight I'll ask what was involved. Pretty sure he has the disc part number he used. He's not all that keen to part with the coilovers sorry. His STD struts were stuffed apart from the springs and the coilovers were same price as new sealed struts with springs and a big rear sway bar. I'd fix the issues with the big block first then save for coilovers they were only $1200. Only my opinion though.

 

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k

Yeah we looked at the twincam.org threads years ago.

Now it all comes back to me. Leigh used the 258mm rotors (ae92 gti/sx) the camry calipers are a bit bigger than the ae92 ones. It's also easier and cheaper to find sv21 calipers than the ae92 ones.

 

Stu..

Edited by kickn5k

  • Author

Cheers for the link Luke but this time I'm one step ahead! I have been sussing out the brake situation for the past month but will now have to look into the sv21 caliper.

 

Oh and here are some pics off my phone of the interior as promised. The marks you can see is actually crap on the camera lense!

 

post-2153-061012700 1304422855_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-089650200 1304422890_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-071696900 1304423009_thumb.jpg

Is there a decent range of race oriented brake pads available for your caliper of choice?

 

Getting them custom cut to suit something that isn't common is expensive as... and good brake pads make a massive difference to a car :)

Is there a decent range of race oriented brake pads available for your caliper of choice?

 

Getting them custom cut to suit something that isn't common is expensive as... and good brake pads make a massive difference to a car :)

Yeah that's a really good point Adam. We didn't look too much into it when webers did his, as his is only a daily driver. We did use bendix ultimate pads not sure how they'd handle a bit of track abuse though.

 

Stu.

Sure QFM would do a HPX pad for the SV21...

  • Author

Yeh they probably would Ryan. Can't wait to have this set-up going :)

  • Author

Update time!

 

Well lately I have been saving madly (and missing out on other cars in the meantime!) and have made some progress on the brake front. Ended up going for the sv21 caliper brake upgrade with AE93 series 2 sx/ultima slotted front rotors. Also i'm in the progress of getting some custom springs made up and will fit them onto some brand new shocks/struts :) Also of high priority ar some new CV shafts as my passenger side is about to let go :(

 

Here are some pics of my brake progress.

 

SV21 calipers ($20ea from wreckers)

post-2153-005867900 1305197798_thumb.jpg

 

Test fitting on bracket (will require 'mods' to backing plate)

post-2153-035416100 1305197846_thumb.jpg

 

Disassembled and cleaned/buffed

post-2153-016811200 1305197949_thumb.jpg

 

New goodies :)

post-2153-030489400 1305198061_thumb.jpg

 

Next will be to paint the calipers and run the kits through them. Hopefully will install them all in one go with CV's, struts/springs and complete upgrade YEEEHAAA!

Edited by 78_7kRolla

The outer edge of the backing plate needs to be bent out of the way to clear the bigger rotor and bang instant stop!!lol

 

stu.

  • Author

The outer edge of the backing plate needs to be bent out of the way to clear the bigger rotor and bang instant stop!!lol

 

stu.

 

Yeh, shouldn't pose a problem ;)

 

Well I have now painted and assembled my calipers. They're looking pretty good now and will go in together with all the other junk I have to do :)

 

post-2153-085492900 1305354133_thumb.jpg

 

post-2153-000020800 1305354146_thumb.jpg

do the red callipers make you stop faster? soon you're going to be lifting rear wheels with your semi's and these brakes.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.