Motorcycle Prices

demuire

Gee, what a strange world it is, motorcycle prices...

In my little dream world I've been wandering around the net and trading post etc looking at prices of bikes, and have found that the Yamaha Virago (which is kinda the only bike I could possibly afford and actually like) generally goes for about $4K for a mid to late 90's model with anywhere from about 5000k's on the clock. And for an early'ish 2000 model you're looking at about $5K+, with anywhere from about 3000k's or so on the clock. These prices don't include stamp duties or rego or anything.

Haha, okay so maybe I can't afford it, but it's like the cheapest bike that I like :hug:

Anyway, today I had a day off work, and on the way home I decided to stop by Yamaha Moorooka to have a look at the actual bike, since obviously pictures don't do justice.

The last time I saw the bike in person, it looked so small!!! But that was probably cause I'd just been looking at the Warrior before that, which is like HUGE. Sat on the Virago, and haha, I don't think I could really handle a bike that was any bigger, really... As small as it was it was a struggle to keep it upright and paddle it around...

Anyway, was speaking to the sales dude, and he offered to sell me a BRAND SPANKING NEW 2005 Virago with ZERO k's (like, brand new) for $5650 ON THE ROAD, or $6000 with $490 worth of accessories (ie jacket, helmet, gloves etc). Like, WOW? What's the point of buying a 2nd hand bike when for like so little more I can get a brand spanking new one??? On finance, that's like $40 or so a week for 5 years. That's not so bad |blink| They even offered to throw in the QRide course with that too :P HAHA...

But apparently the offer is only open till tomorrow (end of month), as it's a "Yamaha special" or something for this month... Retail, the bike is $6800 on the road...

Soooooo shouldn't impulse buy something I really can't afford :)

Members dont see this ad

bike prices are very strange and hard to understand at times. In S.A. 250cc motorcycles bring in good money due to the max size on your Ls and Rs being 250cc try $4500-$8000 for any 250 road bike from 1989 onwards wheras you could get a 1990-95 gsxR 750cc for $3500-$5000 its a joke :hug:

Ah, have discovered the "special" they were talking about, it's the Yamaha 50th birthdah "MAD" special, which is where they give you a helmet, jacket and gloves, valued at $998 when you buy a Virago, "for a limited time". So they've modified the deal to give me the bike for less, and give me less gear. Or something like that. Doesn't say anywhere that it's ending at the end of the month though.

End of the month is tomorrow.

Bugger.

Besides, I shouldn't buy a bike considering I've never even riden a bike before, much less THAT bike, and who knows, maybe even though I like the look of a cruiser, maybe I won't actually like riding one...

Hahaha, they don't like to make it easy do they? Just got another call, they're now willing to do it for EVEN CHEAPER, and possibly (they're supposed to call again) subject to me actually test riding the bike.

LOL

And they might even throw in a discounted QRide course with it too.

Good god.

At this rate I could probably buy the bike, and sell it on again for more money... :hug:

Yeah, MX bike prices are weird too... they'll ask 2k for a 88 125, then ask 2k for a 95...

At this rate I could probably buy the bike, and sell it on again for more money...

Even more incentive to buy one. If you come into hard/harder times, or decide you don't like it, you aren't gunna lose that much...