Electronic Distributor Internals

jono1986

Hey guys, I was having an intermittent misfire with my new dizzy in and now it's alot worse. Pulled it out and found the plastic cover to the ignitor part was loose and after pushing and what not it ran better but I reckon it needs replacing. I don't know what car it came off, I've pm'd the guy I bought it off but thought some people might know where I can get all new bits.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

post-9470-018733600 1294560001_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Yeah not $120 can get another dizzy cheaper than that....I think.....It's not really a cover, it's two parts one holds the little pcb and the metal bit holds the power transistor to act as a heat sink. So i think the soldered joints have moved but it's been specially built (on the cheap though, most probable anyway)

wait wait wait. those 2 bolts holding the inductive pick up were loose?

if they were loose this means your dwell was up the shit. (coil not energized enough to produce a good spark)

tighten em up and check you dwell!

Edited by Evan G

Took the ignitior thing apart and resoldered everything, but I reckon it's long gone. Just put in the points distributor in for the next couple of weeks, and hopefully the points last that long...then again their only $8.25 for new ones so.

I have a programmable ignition system that can work on a reluctor pickup, might try that just for the hell of it.