Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steering Lock Vs Quick Release Hub

Featured Replies

For the past three years at work I've been parking my car in a dirt carpark that (while not technically secure) is private property and completely fenced (so people aren't randomly walking past), my work is also a little out of the way and so there's isn't a lot (or really any) foot traffic. At the start of Feb though I start a new job and will have to park my AE86 in the spaces out the front of the building. There are several other businesses around and the area is much busier than where I currently work. I'm trying to determine which would be the best way to stop someone quickly smashing a window and trying to steal the car, either a steering lock or removing the wheel. I guess like most security measures it's more of a deterrent.

 

I just got a steering lock for free from a friend and also got a Nardi wheel off him. Because of the insane dish on AE86 steering wheels I will either need to use a standard boss and a quick release hub (as a spacer) or find one of the long boss hubs. I'm assuming that putting a steering lock on a wheel with a quick release hub will still have the same effect (they could take the wheel off but still won't be able to get the car anywhere.

 

Any thoughts?

What woild you notice more.... a thief with a screwdriver in his pocket or a thief with a steering wheel.

most thiefs will just move onto the next car if they seen either option, but no stering wheel would be more deturing

i think quick release hub on road reg would be illegal, steering wheel lock best option

cheers mick e

A steering lock is only going to slow someone down if they are determined to take your car, which lets face it, is gonna be pretty tempting to steal. I'd actually feel much better about leaving it in a busy place than where you currently leave it. I'd hazard a guess that its more likely to be stolen from outside your house than work.

 

Anyway, a quick release will be a pain in the bum bum too, and only slightly deter.

 

I'd much rather a good alarm system

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.