Ae82 Corolla ?

jake86

what exactly did you want us to reply to this thread?

what could be done to make it stand out? spinning hub caps, fluffy dice, twin turbo, NOS, extra cup holders(at least 4), neon lights in foot well (ones that flash with you subwoofer), oh yeah..5 subwoofers, paint it pink - bright pink.

what i think should be done? a set of wheels, no bigger than 16", good suspensions, almost every "option" off the twincam version (colour coded bumpers especially, steering wheel, interiour, rear hatch wing, etc) and of course a 20V 4age engine.

unsure on your license type, 20V might be out.

what i think you should do? dunno, I'm not you!

to get ideas on your car, you don't just post up asking for ideas. you spend days and weeks and months trolling the internet seeing what others have done, forming your own oppinion on what you think is good and bad, and eventually forming your own ideas based on what you have previously seen.

now thats gangsta lol

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Hey guys just thought I would update you guys a bit. I have cut and polished her and put hub caps on the wheels just until I find nice rims for her. Fixed the air con and is frosty cold now ! My plans are: 13-14" rims, taking the parcel shelf out and building a new one ( my parcel shelf is nacked ), cd player, fur to go on the parcel shelf i'n the boot on the dash and on the bottom bits of the doors not sure what colour ( if any suggestions would be appreciated if you could through them my way ) and 2 x 5" fusion speakers on the parcel shelf ( making the parcel shelf strong enough to hold them) what do you guys think ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just thought I would update you guys a bit. I have cut and polished her and put hub caps on the wheels just until I find nice rims for her. Fixed the air con and is frosty cold now ! My plans are: 13-14" rims, taking the parcel shelf out and building a new one ( my parcel shelf is nacked ), cd player, fur to go on the parcel shelf i'n the boot on the dash and on the bottom bits of the doors not sure what colour ( if any suggestions would be appreciated if you could through them my way ) and 2 x 5" fusion speakers on the parcel shelf ( making the parcel shelf strong enough to hold them) what do you guys think ?

Hot pink is the go! Depends on your tastes I guess. As for wheels I just threw a set of 14" CS-X rims onto mine, they were painted black with the lip left silver & helped the look for not much cash.

I have never had a stock parcel shelf so I can't speak for their structural integrity but if in doubt the stronger item is a good idea. MDF + jigsaw = Fun!! 12-16mm should do nicely.

Edited by carbonboy

the seat covers at poopercheap are gineric sizes, you just have to make sure you get the right type, seperate head rests or not, split back seats or not etc.

worst case, get some that look good and are the right type as far as you can tell, and tell them "if they fit ill buy them"... take them out to your car give them a quick go, pay your moneys when they fit, then finish the job at home.

alternatively if they don't fit, try some more! i used to work at supercheap and i spent quite a bit of my time repacking seat covers!!

thanks guys I'm a bit of a newby at the moment but i plan on learning heaps along the way :) ill have a look at those sheep skin covers :) they look really comfy. i bought a sony xplod head unit today it came with 2 4" speakers and 2 6" speakers for $175 :) ive set the front 4" speakers up and they sound crystal clear need a wiring kit to do the rear ones though. my brothers dropping his off to me tomorrow :) ill keep you guys updated.

• 4 weeks later...

So how did the stereo install go? I always hated changing the front speakers as I dislike pulling dash bits apart (& have done it WAY too many times), did you have to trim off/bend one of the tabs for the front speakers? I finally got around to putting speakers into my AE80 daily but not wanting attention I've skipped the sub/amp combo.

• 3 months later...

hey, long time since i have been on rollaclub :) yeah it went in nicely and yeah had to bend one of the tabs to fit the front speekers but it was all sweet sold the sub and amp i like how it sounds crystal clear without the thumping in the back :)