Licence Question

SLW42

Hi guys I am just wondering, I had my licence cancelled 2 days ago for 1 month (18th to be exact) and I am curious as to what happens now.......... Will I need to go back through the learners, red and green p's then opens?????? Or once the 1 month is over do I just go straight back onto the red/green p plate laws???

I am just asking this cause if i have to go through it all again it's gonna suck ass :bash: and i wont be able to drive the rolla once it's finished :P .

Members dont see this ad

ok man basically you go back onto your Ps and your time when you get your opens or green ps if your on your reds, goes back by a month.

This come from the horses mouth (the nag works for transport)

whatever you do bro don't drive no matter how bad the temptation is.

think yourself lucky its a month, my period of government funded prohibition of controllin a vehicle is three months.

7th of march i geddit back.

Stupid points accumulation for defects in redcliffe.

Just coz I don't know, what state are you in?

Coz I'm off mine in SA, and if you lose it (dunno if length matters) you 'regress' back a position (Learners have to sit the test again, P1's go back to L's, P2s to P1s and so forth)

Thank goodness I get to walk in on June 30 and get my P1s back, coz I would dread sitting my P test again :no2:

Second time caught driving on sper suspended licence, judge gave me a $300 fine and 1 month cancelled licence, mind you the popo impunded my car and it cost me 500 to get it out :bash: , but in the end i think it could have gone alot worse

Ella - I was on the old stlye laws were it didn't matter what i drove blah blah blah...... So what your misso is saying is i just re apply to for my licence and go back onto the old laws and get an extra month ontop of the time it'll take me to get my opens???????? Or will i have to go onto the new laws????

Hey its Bec

Basically after any cancelled licence regardless of age or what licence you were on before you went to court, you go back onto a Probational licence (not to be confused with provisional) this period is for 12 month from when you have your licence re-issued.

You don't have to start the licence process from scratch, that only happens if u haven't held a licence in the last 5 years, and you wont have to go through the red and green provisional licence if you were under the old rules.

As for a late night driving restriction anyone under 25 falls under this category although sometimes this can be appealed. After you have your licence re-issued chances are if you are under a late night driving restriction you wont get a letter about it. Best thing is to ask the operator at the time of re-issue if you are on the late night driving restriction.

The probational licence after being to court, providing you are on the old p plate rules not the red and greens are just no driving under the influence and not more than 4 points in that year, if you get a good operator this should be explained. Because you are under the old rules you don't have any high powered vehicle restriction either.

Well hope this has cleared things up, need more info just ask.