Lsd For Ke20

trelf

So i'm picking up a KE20 tomorrow and the diff is quite noisy...

i'm going to put a bit of work into it so i've decided it'd be nice to replace it with an LSD instead of a standard diff...

Does anyone know if a stock LSD from another car fits into the KE20 diff housing or is it a custom job?

cheers.

Members dont see this ad

Stock LSD for the KE20 Jap diff be prepaired for a lot of $$$.

End of the day be easier to fit T series or something as the TE27 used a T series diff so can be fitted to the car.

As for the small jap diff LSD 2 options.

Some KE1X cars did have LSD factory in the parts book. REAR as never seen one my self prob not the best and RARE.

TRD LSD not easy to find and last one I found was over $1000 and needed shipping from japan and suited re-build. Would then take a mamoth effort to get a clutch kit etc.

So $1000 would be wiser spent on a T series diff made to fit the car.

Cameron

all of a sudden this idea doesn't seem so viable....

Dead right- major fail of Toyota as far as enthusiastic drivers are concerned. Borg Warner is heavy, hard to work on and no swappable LSDs... Other options mean using a 4X4 diff to get the LSD, but they're also moosa heavy.

10years after the KE70, every Altezza RS200Z has a torsen LSD as stock equipment. Such a change in such a short time.