Ke11 4Age

jonh ke11

Members dont see this ad

Ke20 cross member bolts in, you need to find a way of putting the castor rod set up from the ke20 to the ke10. I'm not sure how this is done. I would say just mix and match some engine mounts on the stock ke10 cross member, take the leaf spring out and put some coil overs on with a strut brace and a sway bar. Will improve the handling a lot. Put an ae71 rack onto the ke10 cross member. Probably have to shorten it as Sam has mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Ae71 crossmember is obviously too wide, if you were to cut it down you would also have to cut down the rack or find a shorter alternative. This could affect ackerman angles etc, gets too hard to work out.

Ke20 crossmember just fits width wise but mounting holes are a little out.

I have done this and found it pushes the front wheels forward (caster). I couldn't push the crossmember back enough as it then fouls on the pitman/idler arms and steering linkages.

Other pictures i've seen with this done confirms the added caster.

Fitting a rack to Ke1# crossmember won't work too well because the lower wishbone arms get in the way.

It could work if you converted the wishbones to common lca's. A bit of work involved, an engineer should be consulted.