Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Daily At The Moment

Featured Replies

Hi there guys, I 've benn a member for quite a while but have benn spending alot of time on other sites after I sold my first ae71.

 

I will put info about my old ae71 & new ae71 in the toyota section.

 

This is the info of my current non toyota ride.

 

Its a 1990 VR4 Galant. The original owner of the 4g63bt.

I've owned it for nearly 5 years. It that time I have built the motor due to a balance shaft belt failure ( balance now removed )

 

4g63 - wiseco pistons (20 thou over)

- scat rods

- Brian crower 272/272 combo

- 1mm oversized valves

- gates timing belt ( with mitsu tensioners & pulleys)

- ARP head ,rod & main studs

- Nippon denso MSL headgasket

- 880cc PTE injectors

- walbro 255 pump

- Sard FPR

- ECMLink ecu ( fully adjaustable standard ecu )

- Forced Performance race turbo mani (cast)

- Forced Performance FP3052 ( GT3076 mitsu bolt on)

- Tial MVR 44mm external gate

- Forced Performance 4" intake pipe

- Weapon R 10" long 4" diameter filter

- 550x240x75 fMIC

- 2.5" IC pipes ( I made myself )

- Direct Clutch HD clutch

- 3" exhaust

- evo 3 alloy radiator

I'm sure there is more, but time for some pics.

 

post-2893-078249600 1297247977_thumb.jpg

post-2893-083498600 1297248097_thumb.jpg

post-2893-012191700 1297248161_thumb.jpg

Love these.

Dyno results?

 

You just don't mod a car to not get it on the dyno at some point.

 

Looks the goods though and would look a little more understated without the black bonnet. :)

  • Author

i have it on the dyno with a smaller turbo ( tdo5 18g)

it made 180wkw @ 5000rpm @ 20psi due to the old cooler being to small and getting knock. Intake temps were climbing fast .

I have done all the tuning myself but not had it back n the dyno with the new turbo but am hoping for 250+wkw @ 25psi.

I still have the standard white bonnet, but it just looked too plain.

  • Author

I thought I would through some pics of my 1971 Galant I built in 1999 with a 4age 20V.

 

post-2893-025418000 1297551549_thumb.jpg

post-2893-087639700 1297551562_thumb.jpg

I thought I would through some pics of my 1971 Galant I built in 1999 with a 4age 20V.

 

Fairly odd combination, why did you choose the 4a over the 4g?

Edited by Trev

  • Author

Back when I did the conversion, it was not legal to have a turboed 2l in a car of that weight, & liked the idea of an engine that revs like the 4age does. I did think about the 4g63bt & the 4g61bt ( 1.6 turbo from the lancer cyborg ) but room was very tight in the bay & turbo's were very hard to get reg.

 

The 4age crazy was huge for small car transplant.

  • 3 months later...

I like this VR4 Scott,

 

Looks like a comfy ride and would get up and boogy when need be,

 

Hurry up and get the rolla on the road mate

All the little P platers in their shopping trolley Lancers can just go cry in the corner now, 'cos Grandad's in the house!! :yes: Half of them think these are a Magna anyway :lolcry:

 

Sweet ride man :y: White bonnet would look out of place! :P

  • Author

Thanks guys, you are correct carbonboy, It's amasing how often I would get asked what it is & who fitted the engine.

 

I still have the original white in the garage. The first reason I painted it black was the thought of the colour matching of the new bonnet & the 20 year old paint, specially on a large flat surface.

 

And nizrolla , the rolla is running & will be at the show at banyo, not reg'd yet but soon. I have the little fiddly things to get up to scratch.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.