Ellas New Daily- Mini Truckin!

Ella

Hey guys, to cut a long story short i have a mate who came into some money recently (like the lottery was involved kinda money) So hes been buying new toys left right and centre.

He originally bought this as his daily but it shit itself for no reason a month ago and he decided to drive his VZ clubby instead as its nicer to drive and uses less fuel according to him (dunno still havent driven either car lol)

After going on a bit of a spending spree that result in all 5 of his garage spaces being full he decided to get rid of the courier as it was just taking up room, instead of selling it he asked me if i wanted it. I took it with the intention of fixing it and giving it back but he wouldnt have a bar of it and even signed the rego for it over to me!

This is possibly one of the nicest things a mate has ever done for me as he knows ive been rushing the red corolla so id have something to drive when i get my licence back. Now i guess there is no pressure to get it going asap. can't wait to have my licence back so i can finally drive it.

Fixed it on the weekend and convinced Bec to take me for a drive in it today, its bloody loud and sprung tightly but the aircons cold and it runs great!

anyways heres some pics for you all! enjoy!

First shot is of the front, has a chrome grill, aftermarket headlight lamps and hilux chrome front bar, clear bar lights and chrome apron, looks rad IMO

post-1450-030542900 1298123601_thumb.jpg

second shot shows the rear, the southern cross on the tray is actually cut into the metal with perspex backing and red backlighting at night. while I'm not a fan of the southern cross stickers, this is kinda cool so itll stay.

plans are pretty much to just clean up the panels a little bit and probably satin black over the whole car once i buy a compressor. just mostly gonna drive it and haul corolla parts lol.

cheers guys, lemme know if you have any ideas for it!

post-1450-041819500 1298123626_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Nah man, one I'm way too tall for that tray, two we have the GV for long trips, after rolling around in it again tonight id never drive it too far lol unless I'm going to pick up corolla parts :) Wouldnt do a step side on it, even if i pretty it up this car is about function lol

needs a new radiator as it has a little split in it, fortunately i can get one from work dirrrt cheap. that'll be sorted before licence is off suspension. might put some of the red coolant in it that i bought for the Ksev too. Expensive shit but i have a 5l bottle so it should all be good.

After that ill start cleaning up the body as i have time, probs get it rad straight and rollpan it then go for new paint. hopefully i then i have a bloody compressor!

Edited by Ella

Lol thread hijack! Nah all good man, yours looks good hey.

Bec was moving the cars under cover and into the shed to hide them from the incoming hail storm and she bloody smashed the clear corner light lol. New one from work should only cost 15 bucks. All crash ftw lol. Also going to get myself a new rad, should be around 100 for that.

Ive priced a rollpan, pretty cheap at 100 us plus 90 for shipping. Id have thought they would be dearer.

cheers trev, just put the corner light in, rubbed back all the surface rust from the bonnet and painted it again, nice thick coat hopefully it wont rust, then i gave the chrome work a light polish to see how itd come up, might do a proper job on the chrome on the weekend, see how i go want to knock over the red car first. its kinda the priorty for some reason lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

new wheels, delta load rated ones currently running 31 inch 4wd tires, going to remove them in favor of something a little more friendly to my guard size, something tells me there will be a serious need for flaring.

they are 15x8 in around a 8 offset.

post-1450-098086100 1300714852_thumb.jpg