I Want Power That I Can Drive

love ke70

ok heres the go, i have a ke70 corolla which has a fire breathing 4k, serious power there, but all those 30 kilowatts have told me that i need more, so i am askin what would go well. ive looked at 4a, but al;l the good ones are fwd and not all that great, what would fit with only a bit of stuffing around and give me some serious road-drivable power?

thanks guys

~andrew~

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As I've said previously, BHP is not the be-all-and-end-all of a great car.

What's the point of having 1000bhp if you can't stop or steer the bloody thing!!

I've seen some pretty low-power cars absolutely KILL cars with up to double the power!! :D

Mainly coz the low-power cars have had all their $$ spent on brakes and suspension... They can out-brake and out-handle higher BHP cars.

To make your KE70 noticably quicker, you'll have to add quite a few BHP (like double it...). And swapping to an A series or rebuilt K-series engine is gonna (realistically) cost you atleast $1000. Peformance mods on top of that will make the $$ skyrocket!!

However, if you concentrate on suspension and brakes, you'll find the car will be more 'pro-active' in teaching you how to drive quickly and smoothly. And it will feel quicker...

New discs and pads, stiffer shocks and new suspension rubbers will make the car handle and stop 10x better.

And even though it may not win the 'Traffic-light Grand Prix', it'll teach you HOW to drive a car on the limit, and next time someone decides to prove to you how great they can drive, you suggest racing them on a twisty downhill somewhere... That'll sort the men from the boys!! :(

• 1 month later...

sorry bout the wrong section thingy, i was new to rollaclub, and I'm still yet to locate the noobzone lol, i did look.

i actually forgot i started this thread as i didnt do the whole email notification thing

HOWEVER....

the reason i said that the 4a's arnt good (personal opinion) is because of the fact that stock they still do not make alot of power and being a 1.6 lack torque.

i plan on driving this car as a daily driver and as a commodore and wrx killer.

i am planning on having good suspension and brakes, and this will be done before i do (if i do) an engine conversion.

i am looking to go for something with some good power in its stock form, as mods are expensive and dad tends to get twitchy when i talk mods.

lol twisty and downhill...mt tamborine, bollucks to that, id kill myself in that bloody ke70, i do like the idea of all new rubbers, I'm gradually replacing all suspension bits to stiffen her up a bit.

the engine I'm thinkin about atm is a 1ggte however people are saying about issues with handling, anyone know approx weight of a 1g? the 4k with gbox is a bit over 100 kgs rite?

plus i have 2 12" subs and box in boot, so this will balance it a bit, would the handling be bad, or just not brilliant?

thanks for the help guys

~andrew~

You're forgiven. Noobzone has been removed from this forum so that everyone can be treated equal.

I still vote that you stick with a 4Cyl engine, something like a CA18DET or 4AGE

Google might have the weight of a 1GGTE

lol ok at least i don't feel like a total idiot

i see where u are coming from with the 4 cylynder theory, and it does make sense, but a like the smoother torque delivery from a straight 6, but I'm still thinking

checked google, nothing definitive but from what i could find it would appear 175kg is the weight of a 1ggte not sure tho, there wasnt alot of info on there, or maybe i used the rong words :D

i know the 4kc is about 110, rite?, so 60 kgs extra, battery in the back along with all the extra weight already there basiclly rebalances the weight distribution.

however from what ur saying u don't like it coz the weight hangs too far forward rite?

so it will be a bit front heavy, or tail happy?

how much of a problem will this be for me on the streets, with some good suspension, lsd and bigger brakes the handling shouldnt be any worse than it is now with 20 yr old everything rite?

thanks

~andrew~

Thats going to be a lot of work to get that registered.

ra60 front struts and brakes and adjustable coilovers, rear lsd with disk brakes, and if i get properly made mounts, why will it be soo difficult to get engineered?

from what i understand Gaijun doru (speeling?) had his on the road didnt he?

~andrew~