Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Straight Flat-Front Ke70, Orange Wreckers

Featured Replies

Another one down there today- ratty respray in metallic blue, but straight and rust-free.

any more flat front guards and bonnet and bottom thing ??? will pay top dolla :y:

  • Author

I'll see what is left sometime this week- I'm thinking of getting some underbonnet insulation off something modern down there...

  • Author

The blue one still has a complete front, the panels re rust-free and straight, although the paint is cracking.

 

The wrecker wants $350 for the whole front- guards, bonnet, beaver panel, lights, bumper & whatever else. Tyres on it are brand-new too!

 

Come on out & get it- I ran into another Rollaclub member down there who had come up from Sydney to raid the country.. Cheers Dave! :laff:

post-7544-0-41950700-1329887001_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-53641200-1329887010_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-22518700-1329887025_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-97503400-1329887033_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

Far out Altezzaclub, they've got heaps more since I last went. When I went they had a flat front ke70 and a gutted ae71 wagon. If I ever start another KE70 project I'll most probably try and source a whole car from them. Saw a fairly clean AE71 outside a house in Orange also, went to the door and asked them if they were keen to sell it, but no luck :P

 

Also another good wreckers in the central west in Cowra's Holmwood wreckers. they had 2 KE70s with alot of stuff on them still and an Auto AE71.

 

I was quoted $70 for an AE71 engine crossmember from Orange. fairly reasonable guys there eh. When I went there a I noticed a couple of staff tossing back cans of VB whilst working lol.

any chance this bloke has any running rolla engines lying around? :)

  • Author

Yep- The ratty cream KE55 was their lunch car until recently.. :laff:

 

I don't know why they end up there, but some still have complete engines in, and no panel damage. There's a pair of Celicas, one with 5-link and one with IRS side by side, that's where my rear sway came from. They move them by driving a forkhoist through the windscreen, so that lets the weather in sadly.

  • Author

Sure- Great Western Auto Wreckers

 

02 6362 8822

  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of a bump I guess, just went to orange wreckers today to get something for another car of mine. Those 2 KE70s are still there, however the guy there explained to me, that apparently when the cars get signed over to the wreckers even if they are mechanically A1 they get declared as a statistical write off, making them un-registerable. Sad to see, but still could make a good base for a track car.

  • Author

Damm, that's no good!

 

They run that caryard on the other side of the driveway, that's where the T18 was, so maybe I should ask him to tell me of any good Rollas coming up. If he diverted them into the car yard for a month it could give someone a chance to buy it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.