Help Wiring My Quad Headlights

RA28GT

Hey guys I'm going to have a go at wiring my quad headlights on my ke20 so that i have 4 sets of low beams and 4 sets of high beams.

Is there anyone that can run me through how I'm going to go about this?

Currently i just have the outside lights wired high/low as per standard and nothing to the inner headlights as of yet.

It has been done, although the pictures no longer work in that thread!

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?4873-How-to-swap-in-QUAD-Semi-Sealed-H4-Headlights-(old-celica-etc)&highlight=headlights

Members dont see this ad

pending how good the wiring is in the car (being ke20, probably crap)

you could rewire all your lights using 2 relays (one for low beam, one for high beam)

run both your low beams off one relay (triggered off your original low beam main positive)

run both your high beams off the other relay (triggered off your original high beam positive)

run both relays main power straight to your battery, that way no voltage drop = epic lights.

and how a relay works, and how you wire one up...start here:

http://www.mp3car.com/the-faq-emporium/117895-faq-relays-how-they-work-and-how-to-wire-it-up.html

This attached pic should help... (no I didnt draw this haha)

Ok so I figure i need to run this diagram minus the top relay as this person was trying to switch hes headlights off with ignition.

Correct?

Ohh by the way for people interested I rang vehicle inspection to ask if running four low beams was illegal in SA and the guy said no worries at all :)