5K Carb

stable20

Members dont see this ad

Webbers will definately see to it that your fuel consumption worsens. If you want full control of fuel usage I would get 1 1/2 inch Twin Su's.

There are a few people on here who really know thier stuff about them. Those webbers were designed for 130HP and up motors. If you are really keen on new carbs, have a shot at pulling apart the 5k carb. There really is not alot to them. You could even pull out the jets from a 4k, that would suppress the fuel usage.

You have to think of it like this. The carb does not give you horsepower, what it does is mixes the air and fuel as best as it can and the power the motor makes is

directly realted to this. So getting correct jet sizes to match the flow of the carby and to what the engine needs is essential. The reason I mention 4k jets

is that over time carbs tend to wear down, jets get just that tad wider from errosion thus giving you a rich fuel mixture, by going down to 4k jets (which are barely smaller)

you get that same effect on errosion but because they are smaller and have been slightly erroded bigger you can get quite lucky and get a great mixture.

I am actually running a 4k carby on my 5k at the moment and the fuel ratios are very close to being spot on. I think even from factory the jets were allready running rich.

It really pays to play around, pays even more to make an air fuel mixture display!

you need to look at air flow when using smaller carbs. i had the 3k carb and big port manifold on my moderately worked 5k and it got plenty of fuel when winding the mixture screw out, but the air flow was severely limited due to small thoats.