5K Problems.

stable20

Members dont see this ad

stuck needle and seat???? Give the top of the carby a whack with the handle of a screw driver. Or swap 2 and 3 plug leads, remove aircleaner, hold foot flat and pump the key for a few revs. Should backfire up through the carby and remove any shit that may be in it.

stuck needle and seat???? Give the top of the carby a whack with the handle of a screw driver. Or swap 2 and 3 plug leads, remove aircleaner, hold foot flat and pump the key for a few revs. Should backfire up through the carby and remove any shit that may be in it.

smartt :)

i will give all these options a go.

i was kinda hopeing i would have to take the head of so i could get some head work done to it.

thanks for your inputs guys.

If its only at idle it will be a tuning issue-

Do a compression test to check inside the cylinders.

It can't be both of these-

its running rich though
Could be an air leak.

Why not fit a Weber to suit the exhaust and get a cam cut? Make sure the studs and bolts are all cleaned and sized, and the extractor manifold is the same thickness as the inlet or you will have stripped threads and leaks forever.

the extractors are to suite k motors.

Ah, but they don't! Check out the photos halfway down the page- Flange thickness wrong, welds in the way, pipes don't match the ports...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/page__p__445727__fromsearch__1#entry445727

You have to check everything if you want it right.

Ah, but they don't! Check out the photos halfway down the page- Flange thickness wrong, welds in the way, pipes don't match the ports...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/page__p__445727__fromsearch__1#entry445727

You have to check everything if you want it right.

so i might have to do some mods to the extractors to suit properly?

why wouldnt they just bring them out to bolt straight on, some people like making it hard for others haha.

Edited by stable20

It's just not that easy, lasercut steel plate comes in set sizes, the flanges on the inlet manifolds can inevitably vary as they are cast.

They've made it as easy as possible by making the extractor flange thinner than the factory flanges, it would be a whole lot harder if it were the other way around.

It's just not that easy, lasercut steel plate comes in set sizes, the flanges on the inlet manifolds can inevitably vary as they are cast.

They've made it as easy as possible by making the extractor flange thinner than the factory flanges, it would be a whole lot harder if it were the other way around.

i see, thanks.