March 20, 201115 yr comment_511175 Hey guys, I'm replacing my radiator with a new one, but upon taking the old one out I realised that underneath it, it has 2 hoses going off somewhere yet the other one doesn't. Just wondering what they are for, if i need them and if the other radiator isnt actually for ke30's. Here's the old one and the new one: Cheers Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_511177 those are for your transmission cooler (radiator from a auto) if the cars a manual don't need to hook it up Report
March 20, 201115 yr Author comment_511179 Cheers! So pretty much I can't use the other one unless I convert it to manual first. Oh well, just means the old one will have to stay for a little bit longer. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_511191 Yeah, I had those too when I converted my KE55 to a manual. Make sure you plug em up or something! :P Cheers, Jake. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_511260 Yeah, I had those too when I converted my KE55 to a manual. Make sure you plug em up or something! :P Why ? Its only the transmission oil cooler. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_511261 You could pick up a small trans cooler off egay or wreckers for peanuts. Place it in front of the radiator (with thermofan zippy clamps) would work a million times better than the factory setup. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_511274 Why ? Its only the transmission oil cooler. It's pointless to me now? Can't be stuffed finding a way to hook it up to my manual box and I don't want whatever oil is left in it leaking everywhere? Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_511286 Meh, when i did the auto to manual swap, i pulled the hoses off the cooler and drained them out, did the same with the radiator - pulled the radiator out and sat the thing at an angle into a drip tray so that the cooler could drip out for a few days while i also did the motor swap. Never bothered with blocking the pipes afterwards. I have thought of going back to an auto, but if i did i'd use an external trans cooler. About the only real good thing with the cooler in the radiator is that it helps get the trans oil up to temp quicker and in a cold environment it helps to keep the trans oil at temp Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now