My Girlfriends 73 Vw Beetle

RA28GT

73 VW Beetle

1500cc

4 Speed

15x6 chrome rims

Hey guys thought i would share some pictures of my girlfriends new car. I picked it up for her the other day, we are going to fix it up together slowly.

Got the car 'not running', it just needed a new battery! Runs like a charm, just needs some work with the linkages and the clutch cable snapped on my the other day.

No its not the nicest model beetle but it was an absolute bargain and she loves it.

Since we have had it I've fiddled with the splines and dropped the rear a tiny bit and I've lower the front a couple inches. Then we polished the car and polished the rims and put some Port-a-walls on her.

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6631.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Was just skimming through this forum and saw a topic from you and had to look. You're rides are always HOT!!. ;) Got any interior pics?

Havent taken any interior shots as I'm currently playing with the shifter linkages and replacing the clutch cable so there is crap everywhere.

Interior is bog stock brown cotton with vinyl backing, no rips however!

Nice fatty!!!!

Everything looks good with flappers! Great colour, nice pick up.........you've done it again.

Would love to scrape up the $$ for your W115 too.

Haha forgot everyone called these fattys. Not the most popular bug but at the price i paid it was a steal.

I'm kinda hoping i can sort out finances so I don't have to sell the W115, its priced much higher than most W115's so i don't think its going to move super fast :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

loves that beetle, also likes the fact that both l/h lights are faded, one would assume it was parked in a carport with a house on the rhs...hehe mums was the same cept the right was faded... this model is the superbug correct?

Both left lights have had water in them previously. The paint on the passenger side seems to be better so maybe the other way round?

Yup this is the superbug, the most unpopular beetle as they are the biggest.

• 3 weeks later...