Need Help To Change Engine

badhan

Hello everyone. i am a new member of this forum. i have two cars ke30 and ke70. both of them are stock. i want to change one of my cars engine to 3s-ge/3s-gte or atleast 4a-ge blacktop. but i am not sure which car shall i choose for modification. as i am a 22 years old and my dad will allow one car to choose so i am confused. please help me to decide what car shall i choose and what engine will be better for the car. i like 3s-ge or gte because of the power but i need to know the advantages and disadvantages.

Members dont see this ad

welcome mate.

what do you know about the 3sgte conversion?

once you work out what is required for the conversion, then that will tell you which one of the cars is easier!

3sgte is not an easy conversion, essentially everything is custom made. from engine mounts to manifolds.

also consider that with a 3sgte you are going to need some bigger brakes to pull you up and some suspension to keep it on the road.

so ease and availability of brake/suspension upgrades must be taken into account for the car that you choose.

are you able to fabricate/weld yourself?

there is a HUGE difference between the 4age blacktop and the 3sge/3sgte (in terms of conversions). with the correct parts a 4age will bolt into a ke70. unfortuantely the same cannot be said for the 3s motors.

thanks... let me tell you in detail so you can understand my problem.i live in Bangladesh. in our country only Toyota engines are well known by the workshops and service center. so i have no other engine choice like Nissan or Mitsubishi. and another thing is i need to buy an engine 3s-ge/gte or 4a-ge whatever is then i have send my car to a workshop to install it in my car. i know a little about 3s-gte engine but i know that it is difficult to install it in those cars. what about bims 2000 3s-ge?

i have drove a 1998 Toyota corolla gt before with a stock engine of 20v 4a-ge. thats why i want to install something more powerful/different then 4a-ge. ke70 looks smart but if i change the ke30's engine that car would be like wow. like classic muscle.

if i put 4a-ge blacktop then what 6spd gearbox shall i need?

what about 1jz and 4a-gze or 4a-gte. :( i need a solution. thanks

1jz your dreaming, that would be a very expensive conversion, VERY, 4a-gze 4a-gte is a diferent story. 4a's in a ke70 all the gear u need is in a ae86 for the conversion. except the motor and gearbox wiring etc etc.

your best of going with a 4cyl toyota motor some 4a.

otherwise theres alot of fabricating to do.

I'm sure other motor heads on here will say the similar thing.

thanks bro. i have decided to put 4a-gze. is 4a-gze is more powerful then blacktop 4a-ge?

i need to know few things. the car i drove previously was 1998 corolla gt with blacktop 4a-ge. thats why i will go for 4a-gze.

(i have to import the engine and all the parts that is required from japan)

1)what car shall i go for ke30? (i like the ke30 because of the design and after installing the engine it will look like a muscle car)or ke70?

2)which version of 4a-gze (170 ps version) is powerful then blacktop 4a-ge? and what is the number of the engine?

3)what is the latest 4a-gze?

4)what rwd gearbox will fit with gze?

5)is it going to be 6 front gear like blacktop or 5speed?

what else should i need to know about 4a-gze engine/gearbox and other engine related things?

please help.

from what wiki says black top produces more power haha.

well if ur gonna get it al imported, get a wrecked ae86 with the whole running gear if you can.

is up to you, ke30 would be very nice but i think there would be a bit more time involved in the conversion.

umm ive heard a w55 box will fit the 4agze,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_engine that should solve most of your problems with questions 2,3,5.

and google will have the rest of the answers to your problems :)

Edited by stable20

Use the KE70, a far superior rear suspension & handling package.

First choice would be a RWD configured 4AGE. Don't worry about the supercharger, the 4AGE will provide plenty of fun without extra problems.

If not, I would go 3SGE. Get the whole Altezza 3SGE motor and the 6speed gearbox & fit to the KE70. A front cut would be best for sensors and computers.

or if neither of those, then a FWD 4AGE and turn it around. Easiest motor to get, but more work to convert it.

3s-ge is nice. can you tell me everything about putting 3s-ge in a ke30? is any engine/gear modification is needed if i fit it into ke30? i mean what generation engine and gear is better in fast/reliable/fuel consumption etc? tell me every detail about putting 3s-ge motor in ke 30. what advantages can i get if i put it in ke70?