Its Alive Again...

SkiDMaN

Well well well... for all the people that may have thought i had gone into hiding... well.... maybe i did... i been workin on my car a bit and after 2 months ive got it back together after finding a few problems that i didnt want to know about!

lets see...

from day 1 i knew the sump was leaking so after lifting the motor we took the sump of and i got it rewelded so it wasnt rubbing on the x-member at the front... hard to explain... ne ways.... i got the sump back and put it back on... we start to lower the motor and we also find that under neath the sump between the cross member and motor that the sump was getten a little squished... sat there and wondered for about an hour cause this wasnt happening previosuly... ne way.... after a stupid thought i said to my dad... lets take an engine mount of and see what we can find... dad had no other plans so he thought why the hell not.... so we start taking it of only to find that where the engine bolts to the mounts.....the mounts had been drilled to an oval shape.... so when it was originally bolted in the motor was lifted then bolted to the mounts so it was sitting higher *not happy jan*

so we made some new mounts and stuff and now the motor sits right...

and we all know that i bent up the front end a little so we have sorta straightend it out now and i got a RA65 front bar instead of that ugly RA60 bar i had on there... made some new intercooler piping aswell so it wasnt leaning up against the radiator. *oh fun*

and finally this weekend we put it all together... dropped some new oil in her... replaced the oil filter... changed the gear box oil... changed the diff oil....

and she purs like a dream... its actually a pleasure to drive now and not a bitch... there has also been some addition of some guages.... adjustable shift light, oil pressure guage, and water temp.... and ive also put some DBA slotted discs in the front and new brake pads.... also done the wheel bearings while we were at it....

i think now all i need is a paint job and interior and it will look smick... pfft much better things are to come after i sell this...

ne way... heres a pic i have of her from today after fittin up the front bar and getten her ready for the start.

P.S.... please ignore all spelling mistakes and punctuation as i am very tired.... been up at 6am yesturday and today workin on the car flat out to get it ready and i only just got home...

recent.jpg

Pete

Members dont see this ad