Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Parkers Coming On When Brakes Applied

Featured Replies

Took my car out for a drive last night after 4 months off the road being taken apart and put back together. Got her in the driveway and every time I put my foot on the brake the parker lights light up. I'm not to fussed about it but know this isn't exactly supposed to happen.

 

Also anyway know much about alarm/immobiliser/central locking? My front 2 doors are hooked up to remote central locking and everytime I unlock them the lock straight away, I'm talking a second later.

got it hooked up to your interior light?

  • Author

I haven't change any electrical work at it which is why its stumping me. I did however take out the cradle for brake lights and clean/spray it all up, how would/could I put a globe back to front?

bad earth yol!

  • Author

Yeah I'll check that. ofcourse most obvious thing to check and didn't think of it.

I haven't change any electrical work at it which is why its stumping me. I did however take out the cradle for brake lights and clean/spray it all up, how would/could I put a globe back to front?

 

I am an auto electrician and i see it all the time. Quite a common thing people do, they don't realise that the bayonets on the globe are offset for a reason. It is the only part of the circuits (park light and brake light) that are so close together and is the logical place to look first.

  • Author

If it is the globe in back to front how do I fix this such problem? Was about to ask if your services are available until I read your location.

I had the exact same problem when i got mine. They had put a brake light in out of an earlier model ke70 and had just wired it up dodgily and when i fixed that up, problem solved.

basically because there are 2 contacts on the base of the bulb, put it around the wrong way and technically you are bridging both of them together.. can also happen if someone puts a single filament globe in too..

  • 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old post guys.. but I now own this car and too, cannot figure out the issue...

 

The problem is stopping me from driving at night, as the brake only activates the dash and tail lights and if the tail lights are already on then their are no brake lights. I can't drive my car at night, it's killing me! haha

 

I have:

 

checked the ground in the boot - when off the tail lights go dim and both tail and indicators come on continuously

checked the brake switch - works but turns on the dash and tail lights

shorted the brake switch wires together - same result as the brake switch but without the need for the pedal and they stay on continuously of course

swapped the tail and brake bulbs - same result (both bulbs are functional as tail lights)

 

Have looked at over 30 web pages and cannot find a solution. It's as if someone has wired it wrong.

 

Cheers, lads.. The help is much appreciated. :)

 

EDIT: Overlooked some pretty obvious things.. ended up replacing the middle socket with a dual filament bulb and now all is well!

Edited by chiliman69

Lol at the single element globe, i got picked on by a coppa one night for having a globe out, and i put in whatever i could find in the car, you wouldn't think it but my lights did all sorts of crazy shit with a single element instead of duel..

  • Author

Ahh sorry mate she all worked when I had it would just light up dash when foot was on brake. Ps seen it on currie the other day, missing her already

Ahh sorry mate she all worked when I had it would just light up dash when foot was on brake. Ps seen it on currie the other day, missing her already

 

Same circuit

Haha.. All good bud.. Pair of bulbs cost me 3 buks. :) Plus I learnt some shit in the process.

 

Missing her is understandable.. she's quite the looker! haha :P

 

Peace.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.