Ke70 Parkers Coming On When Brakes Applied

Scott_87

Took my car out for a drive last night after 4 months off the road being taken apart and put back together. Got her in the driveway and every time I put my foot on the brake the parker lights light up. I'm not to fussed about it but know this isn't exactly supposed to happen.

Also anyway know much about alarm/immobiliser/central locking? My front 2 doors are hooked up to remote central locking and everytime I unlock them the lock straight away, I'm talking a second later.

Members dont see this ad

I haven't change any electrical work at it which is why its stumping me. I did however take out the cradle for brake lights and clean/spray it all up, how would/could I put a globe back to front?

I am an auto electrician and i see it all the time. Quite a common thing people do, they don't realise that the bayonets on the globe are offset for a reason. It is the only part of the circuits (park light and brake light) that are so close together and is the logical place to look first.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old post guys.. but I now own this car and too, cannot figure out the issue...

The problem is stopping me from driving at night, as the brake only activates the dash and tail lights and if the tail lights are already on then their are no brake lights. I can't drive my car at night, it's killing me! haha

I have:

checked the ground in the boot - when off the tail lights go dim and both tail and indicators come on continuously

checked the brake switch - works but turns on the dash and tail lights

shorted the brake switch wires together - same result as the brake switch but without the need for the pedal and they stay on continuously of course

swapped the tail and brake bulbs - same result (both bulbs are functional as tail lights)

Have looked at over 30 web pages and cannot find a solution. It's as if someone has wired it wrong.

Cheers, lads.. The help is much appreciated. :)

EDIT: Overlooked some pretty obvious things.. ended up replacing the middle socket with a dual filament bulb and now all is well!

Edited by chiliman69