Is It Juse Me Or Is Thie Price Unrealistic??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Corolla-SE-1975-4D-Sedan-4-SP-Manual-1-2L-/320679621676?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4aa9feb42c

"

I know this is neat..... but is it really worth $7000??? He bought it as a "project car" only had it for 2 months???? Seems to me that this person bought this for cheap and is now trying to make money from it??

Members dont see this ad

That immaculate ke30 was advertised on carsales, it was sitting in a garage for 15 years

untouched in the condition its in now. The owner serviced it and brought it up to a roadworthy standard. (This was in the carsales ad). Hopefully someone with sence will buy it enjoy it and leave it as it is.

The price was around the current asking preice from memory give or take..

But what elludes me is, why would you pay so much money on that particualar car which is so original and clean only to ruin by making a project out of it which will look pox like some

which have been in the past.

If they have so much money to waste, buy a knackered out one and go nuts making it something

that it shouldnt have been.

hmmmmm i dunno if I would still pay that amount.... I would much rather get a couple more grand together and get myself something tuff like an xb falcon :cool:

I can understand your point Jay, at least it will make people think twice about ruining

such a nice car to make it something it wasnt meant to be.

That immaculate ke30 was advertised on carsales, it was sitting in a garage for 15 years

untouched in the condition its in now. The owner serviced it and brought it up to a roadworthy standard. (This was in the carsales ad). Hopefully someone with sence will buy it enjoy it and leave it as it is.

The price was around the current asking preice from memory give or take..

But what elludes me is, why would you pay so much money on that particualar car which is so original and clean only to ruin by making a project out of it which will look pox like some

which have been in the past.

If they have so much money to waste, buy a knackered out one and go nuts making it something

that it shouldnt have been.

Hahaha good luck. 6800 bucks spent on a 200 buck KE30 wont get it looking like that one.

if you want to make a truely outstanding car, you need to start with the best possible example you can come across..........

buy a rusty bucket for $200 and spend $10k on restoring it.......

buy a $7k car and spend $3k on 'upgrades'.........

similar price, but i know which one i'd rather do/buy/see done. and it doesn't involve rust.

:D

:blinks: And I thought I paid a lot for mine! But one day if the car is garaged and kept in overrated condition it will be worth some value i suppose - Maybe not like an XY or a GTS Monaro, but some kind of appreciation will happen. Then again, fossil fuels probably won't exist then ! haha

My dad had a rare jade green SLR5000 Torana that did N/A 12's and sold it for $3,000 back in the day... Spew tank! :bash:

My dad had a rare jade green SLR5000 Torana that did N/A 12's and sold it for $3,000 back in the day... Spew tank! :bash:

I know how he feels. I owned a overrated genuine XA GT. In 93 I sold it for $10grand (I thought I was king S*#T for getting $10g!). BIG ooops.

Far too many people put a personal or an emotional price on their car when trying to sell it.

As we all know you never get money back on a car even when we modify it (unless you kept that GT, SL/R etc).

Doesn't stop people from trying. Good luck to em if they get what they want.