Coolant

gt88

Members dont see this ad

Cheers guys. I'm going to be changing the hoses too so I was going to change the thermostat while i was at it. Only problem is that Ive called around a number of Toyota's but none seem to have any in stock and wont get them in til after easter. My mum needs the car for work. Only option is to get one from Burson. Anyone had an experience with Burson's parts?

Also, I'm not at home at the moment to check, but I had a quick look before coming to work at the thermostat but couldnt find the bleeding valve. Is it located under the distributor or somewhere else?

Edited by gt88

Bursons have been hooking me up for parts for my AE80/82 for years now, so much so they groan whenever I walk in :wink: I've never had an issue with parts or tools I've bought from them (by the by I've NEVER bought parts from a Toyota dealer) & if they don't have it in stock/can't get it quick enough, Repco have been able to help me out. They both sell bits from the same manufacturers (KYB, Super Pro, Kelpro etc) the only variations are availibilty & price sometimes.

With your model rolla you shouldnt have any issues, just make sure you have specific info about your car (year, transmission type, engine etc) as these guys deal with ALL kinds of cars & may not know exactly what you're talking about, so they'll just be cross-referencing a handbook. *note* This is not a dig at parts interpreters, I meant you're not expected to know/remember everything about every car!

Use genuine parts and coolant. saying that i actually work for toyota and always use the parts so its really a given i would say this :blush:

If you develop a good relationship (sorry that sounded a bit gay) with the spare parts bloke at you toyota dealer you can get really sweet prices.

I get below trade on everything (perk of the job) and works out cheaper then a majority of after market versions of the parts you will need.

Just give it a go, if not then try to get someone who can get trade to buy parts for you from repco, supercheap, ect.

Lastly the places might say they are giving it to you at trade but they are probably just taking a couple of $$ off (better then nothing though).

Hope this helps

chris