Ke30 2 Door Conversion

KE30_RoLLa

Hey guys ive recently just signed up on Rollaclub, and ive got a ke30 2 door sedan.

its a 2speed auto and i would like to make it manual.

so ive done some research on here and google for the past 3days and i have a fair bit of info

of things, but i want to know if there is an engine that i could just drop straight in and g'box ?

also how much would pricing cost on all of this ?

and labour ?

I'm sorry that i put a thread up as i know there is alot of these going on as i have seen them.

but I'm just asking a simple question and would like to know all the details on doing this.

i appreciate any information guy & girls

Kyle :)

Members dont see this ad

everyones just going to tell you to do a search.

3k 1.2 L

4k 1.3 L

5k 1.5 L

all will be a bolt in conversion. real easy.

2tg 2tc 3tc are the next easiest, theres heaps of literature on how to do it.

then you start thinking about 4age 4agze ca18 sr20. all of which are expensive because theres custom fab work needed, plus stronger diff, better brakes and suspension and engineering and legalities involved. stay away from these until you have heaps of cash or heaps of skills. computer hacking skills, bowstaff skills etc.

workshops will charge you heaps to do a conversion if fabrication is required.

Caibs reply pretty much sums it up, 3,4 and 5k's. 5k's arnt as popular but they do get advertised from time to time in the for sale section. If you don't have much experience perhaps a pre-built worked 4 or 5K might be the go. Youd learn a little doing an engine swap as its very easy and if your willing to do your research and be patient, youd probably do it right for less then a grand including all the little things you may not have thought of yet eg - gaskets for exhaust etc, water pump, oils for gearbox and engine, leads perhaps etc. Research is the key. If your patient, after deciding what you want and sticking with it, set yourself a price and check the for sale section here on rollaclub daily. A bargain will come along.

oh right thanks guys, so if i buy a 4k engine and box they should go straight in ?

will there be any hassle of fitting them in like ; engine mounts changing, bigger tunnel, and wiring loom

and anything else ive missed ?

also the same with a 5k and box ?

and yeah I'm prepared to be patient as this car is my pride and joy and i want to do little upgrades at a time,

otherwise i would of went straight to a 4age but i just don't have the time or money to do that conversion so thats

out of the question for now..

The good thing about the K engines is that they are mostly just plug and play. Drop her in, plug it all together and thats just about it.

I know with the ke30 4 doors, if you get the ke70 gearbox the gearstick will poke up straight through the auto hole. Should be the same with the 2 door but someone else would have to confirm this. Otherwise if you use a ke30/55 gearbox you'll need to cut a new hole.

if ur goin to do it just go 5k and 5 speed man u will have to change pedalbox get a clutch cable and gearbo mount but best part is u can use ur tailshaft thats in there but a 5k and 5 speed convershion will get her scooting along

but whole swap can be done in a day

yeh i did a 5k swap way back when into a ke35. goes straight in no problems. i think i had to swap the exhaust manifold over, but that might have just been luck of the draw. clutch gearbox mounts everything lines up no worries.

can anyone clarify whats involved with a 2tg swap ?

is it just custom mounts and getting the tailshaft sorted?

I did a 5k conversion in my ke36 panelvan about 1 month ago.

Everything really was straight forward, everything you need will already be on your excisting motor (3k or 4k), you just have to swap it onto your 5k.

At first i did not notice a difference in power, untill i drove a 4k again. man theres a difference :)

Edited by Mason.