El31. The Other Other '86 Corolla

20v4agteEL31

so they are getting sent back to my inlaws place where the car is and when i can afford it, the car will be a Victorian resident.

:y:

There's a crazy bunch of Toyota people down this way known as TCCAV (Toyota Car Club of Australia (Victoria)), we have regular social meets if you're interested? You don't have to attend in a Toyota, all the info's in the Vic-Melb section. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:y:

There's a crazy bunch of Toyota people down this way known as TCCAV (Toyota Car Club of Australia (Victoria)), we have regular social meets if you're interested? You don't have to attend in a Toyota, all the info's in the Vic-Melb section. :D

Cheers man, i'll look into it, my life has been all work and no play for a little while. Definitely ready for some good car club type action. Never feel right rocking up to toyota stuff in a Subaru though. Especially the stock as a rock bug eye RS that i drive now.

Oh, and carbonboy, i'd like to pick your brain at some stage about Victorian modification laws. What I can and can't do in comparison to Queensland.

Edited by 20v4agteEL31

Cheers man, i'll look into it, my life has been all work and no play for a little while. Definitely ready for some good car club type action. Never feel right rocking up to toyota stuff in a Subaru though. Especially the stock as a rock bug eye RS that i drive now.

Oh, and carbonboy, i'd like to pick your brain at some stage about Victorian modification laws. What I can and can't do in comparison to Queensland.

It's all good, whatever car gets you there will do. :yes: Stock is better than 20" chromies & a massive 'zorst. :lol:

I'll do my best to help, I'm no expert (have a fair idea on basic stuff) so at best I can translate the legislative jargon into something comprehensible. :D It might be worthwhile sending a PM to kickn5k (tell him to blame me for hassling him :wink: ), he's just recently gone through the engineering/registration of a turbocharged engine into a Datsun. I dare say he'd be more familiar with specifics than I am.

Some reading material to give you an idea though:

VicRoads PDF List

Roadworthiness PDF

Modifications PDF

Hey Andrew, sorry to see you moving down before we go for a cruise with the EL's. :(

I know how it feels been away from car action too - I still haven't pulled that speedo cable out for you, but I haven't forgoten! It's still on my things to get to list.

One good thing about Victoria is the amount tracks you have access to, and also some nice drives, ie great ocean road.

Hey Andrew, sorry to see you moving down before we go for a cruise with the EL's. :(

I know how it feels been away from car action too - I still haven't pulled that speedo cable out for you, but I haven't forgoten! It's still on my things to get to list.

One good thing about Victoria is the amount tracks you have access to, and also some nice drives, ie great ocean road.

no worries man, whenever you get to it with the speedo. Yeah it is a shame we didn't get the cars running at the same time in the same state. lol

Would have been quite a site to see two running EL31's at a cruise.

And yes I am looking forward to some solid track action around here. Just gotta get it down here.

It's all good, whatever car gets you there will do. :yes: Stock is better than 20" chromies & a massive 'zorst. :lol:

I'll do my best to help, I'm no expert (have a fair idea on basic stuff) so at best I can translate the legislative jargon into something comprehensible. :D It might be worthwhile sending a PM to kickn5k (tell him to blame me for hassling him :wink: ), he's just recently gone through the engineering/registration of a turbocharged engine into a Datsun. I dare say he'd be more familiar with specifics than I am.

I'm with Luke. My ke11 isn't running ATM, I rock up to most Toyota events in the old mans FJ turbo powered 1600.

I've not only recently engineered that, also my corolla, my mates turbo 6 xe falcon and a few others. Police attention depends on where you live too. I also work in the aftermarket performance industry down here too, l so I can point you in the right direction for workshops that won't rip you off!!

Never seen the EL series jiggas in the flesh. Between this and MAXI I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Stu.

I'm with Luke. My ke11 isn't running ATM, I rock up to most Toyota events in the old mans FJ turbo powered 1600.

I've not only recently engineered that, also my corolla, my mates turbo 6 xe falcon and a few others. Police attention depends on where you live too. I also work in the aftermarket performance industry down here too, l so I can point you in the right direction for workshops that won't rip you off!!

Never seen the EL series jiggas in the flesh. Between this and MAXI I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Stu.

Cheers mate, I'll definitely be in contact when i get the car down here.

I'm pretty familiar with how the laws go in Queensland with the subaru, and seen the wrong side of those laws a few times with the nissan. lol

But having some advice on what's what in Victoria would be great.

Yeah the EL's are an interesting little unit. I actually sold Tom his parts car for Maxi after i got the bits i needed from it, so i have seen three of them in total, but none with the original engine.

I'll keep an eye out for cruises and meets on here and come say g'day.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, pretty excited. May be in a position to be reunited with my little matte black EL31 within the next couple of weeks. Yet to investigate details, but the financial ability to get it down here is finally available. Good times ahead with lots of updates as I get this little unit ready for roadworthy. Cheers

• 8 months later...

ok so its been a long wait, but this time I'm actually doing it. The car is booked for its long, semi-trailer powered, trek across the Nullabor to my new home in western australia.

Been sitting unstarted since january so we'll see how we go. keep you posted.

Cheers

awesome mate..!

cheers fella, I'm looking forward to updating regularly throughout next year. Merry Christmas and all that...

Sznaps, it is a rare little car, i dare say not many made it to europe, it wasn't even a domestic release here. Only Six thousand made in total, so I'm told. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a AE82 two door like yours to be honest, mad car.