'75 Ke30

Kid-Ae

Ill give the scotch brite a crack, then lube up the rubbers for a few days and then re-install them and see how they look. Don't like it when things aren't right, want this car to come together properly, rather than slapped together.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edit: Gets the motor JUST cranking then stops.. Bastard of a thing.. Think tomorrow ill attack the brakes and just tinker with shit rather than try to sort engine issues out.. maybe raise the car and see what the hap is down-under :)

Was just the battery not charging due to the alternator. No biggeh :)

Next port of call will be bleeding the brakes tomorrow (if time permits).

All the brake hoses look good :yes: so very very pleased I don't have to change them.

Went through all the spares that came with the car today and sorted out the good, the bad, the ugly and the 'why the hell do I need a second one of these?'.

So, selling a blue ke30/55 bootlid if anyone is interested! Good condition, pretty straight. Also selling ke55 dash fascia ;)

Freaking weird wiring.. Tried my two different indicator stalks today.. One has a good indicator for one side, no indicator for the other side and no hazards. The other has nothing.. Will HAPPILY trade the two effed ones plus any other parts I don't need for one that works!

Came up with an idea.. Going to highlight the car in black. So, black bailey channels, black taillight surrounds and other little bits and pieces will be blacked out, as well as some interior pieces :)

Had a look at the calipers this morning.. Fairly shagged, going to grab the ones from a '55 and bolt them on without too much hassle yes.gif

Pulling the alternator tomorrow to have a look at what is fooking up.. Might do what Evan G has done with the 80amp alty conversion ;)

Going to custom fab up the interior panels for the rear quarters and vinyl wrap them, as well as some dash pieces :)

Today consisted of figuring out some bits and pieces and FINALLY getting an idea on what I will attack ;)

Having the car sitting how it is, so tempting to tear it down completely and respray it.. If only funds/parents approved..

Comments/advice all welcome!

Edit: Going to re-do the electrical side of things first, Interior second and mechanical third, with anything else left out at the end (usual finishing touches etc).

Anyone got a front left brake caliper for a ke30 they wanna sell? :)

Edited by ROLLA'BOY

Some good news, some not so good.

Good news: sorted indicator wiring, was a bad earth and dirty connections. Also got a new external reg for the alternator for a very good price :)

Bad news: B+ wire is deciding to spark when i attach it... Not sure why.. Going to either call an auto elec or somebody good with wiring to come sort it out. Don't like wires..

So while the car is sitting there not really going anywhere, on the hunt for parts. Also taking measurements of panels that will be custom made (boot floor, panel that hides fuel tank, parcel shelf etc.)

I've heard that with minor mods, a ke70 centre console can be adapted to one of these cars.This true? Would be so much nicer to have a little extra in the way of storage yes.gif

Will take photos today and have them up in the next day or two! Far out I love this car!

Sparks that I don't want to see. Little sparks are meant to happen, not big ones. Might just go f@$k it and tear all the wiring out for the external reg alternator and set it up with an internal reg unit.

News: Car is having an auto elec come sort out the wiring bs once and for all on Thursday morning. Didn't really want to fork that much coin out but these guys have done a lot of good work for my dad in the past, and it saves me headaches and a mental breakdown trying to rewire a bunch of things. The work comes with a warranty too, unlike mine blush.gif.

Pulled the calipers off and once I find my pointy nose pliers (bastards always hide when I need 'em) ill switch the pads over from the broken caliper to the good one that needs better pads, go order some new brake hoses and the caps for the brake and clutch master. Also gotta get a new vac advance hose as it fell apart in my hand when I went to take it off wallbash.gif. Few other niggly bits and pieces to replace like fan belt etc and we're cookin' on the engine front.

Going to buy a BIG tin of degreaser and go through the entire undercarriage with it.

go order some new brake hoses and the caps for the brake and clutch master.

Clutch master? or the little secondary resivour for the rear brakes?

But sounds like you got it all under control, good to see this thing coming along. Saw another purple 2dr 30, thought of you.

go order some new brake hoses and the caps for the brake and clutch master.

you'll find that those coronas that look like ke70 wagons have the same caps, if you can't find any i pretty sure i got some

Haha yeah that one (do'h)...

Ahk cool, shall get in touch if I can't find any :)

Ry, any 2 doors at any wreckers near you? If you see one on your travels, keep an eye out for interior trims. Will pay you good cash moneys for them ;)

Edit: Car also has a set of old school 4 - 1 Pacemakers on it. Surprised..

Edited by ROLLA'BOY

Haha yeah that one (do'h)...

Ahk cool, shall get in touch if I can't find any :)

Ry, any 2 doors at any wreckers near you? If you see one on your travels, keep an eye out for interior trims. Will pay you good cash moneys for them ;)

I have some 2dr ones here.

On order are brake hoses :)

Picked up bailey channels today and installed drivers one, absolutely perfecto! The other one was in such poor condition it wasn't even funny.. Fell apart as I pryed it from it's slot.. Also scored the passenger door rubber.

After Thursday's auto elec visit, the car shall be one step closer to hitting the road wink.gif

Still chasing my tail with different bits and pieces, but It's getting there. Maybe my next investment should be a camera hmmmm.gif

EDIT: Just spoke to Pete Robinson on the phone, shall be making a visit to Oakleigh soon to have a word about parts :)

Edited by ROLLA'BOY