Supercharged Vt Commodore

shLONG13

Another one of the old mans builds, just can't keep him away from his toys :no2:

This car was brought at an auction as a shell with an engine and interior but no front seats or wheels, just black stockies.

So he built it up, put a clubsport body kit on it and a monaro bonnet, a nice set of 18" wheels, dropped it on the ground, gave it a fresh coat of paint and did some work to the motor (yella terra rockers, quick shift kit, extractors and exhaust system).

Then he decided to put a c.a.p.a supercharger kit on it, running 10 pound boost getting just over 300 hourse power at the rear wheels. But that was with an automatic gear box. So now he has gone and brought a 5 speed gear box to put in it which will be much better when he gets round to putting it in :rolls: . He is curently busy helping a certin someone out with a ke70 haha :yes:

Other mods are steering wheel, gear knob, lumines dash, boost guage, tail lights, head lights and number late panel.

post-13044-0-29862900-1306931998_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-78501900-1306932024_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-83891800-1306932043_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-86402300-1306932064_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-22480300-1306932107_thumb.jpg

post-13044-0-32621700-1306932149_thumb.jpg

Edited by shLONG13

Members dont see this ad

Yeah it goes off its tree when you put your foot down, it handles it realy well. The kit is designed especially to fit this type motor. It had to have a bigger fuel pump and water injection put on it for when i comes on to boost but that all come with the kit. When it was first installed it was detonating a bit and actualy chucked a piston on its first test run, but with a bit of fine tuning it was all good.

So its on its 2nd motor since boosted ?

Na same one, it just busted a rod so it dropped a cylinder, but didnt do any other damage luckily. I actually herd it happen from our house, i was standing out the front when he took it for its first run and i herd him give it a big boot full up this hill then all of a sudden i herd nothing. It come back up the driveway about a minute later making an awful knocking noise haha :no2: