Bmxsexmonkey'S Ae86 Build

bmxsexmonkey

Hey all i thought i oughta start this thread seeing as i am just about to start bukiding this puppy.

i have spent the past several months rounding up most of the parts to build one of my dream cars :)

soo far i have...

- AE86 adm shell, fairly straight no major rust, half sanded with stripped interior ready to be put back together after paint.

- BT20v in fwd format, low kms, 70 000, original hone marks and no scoring.

- Origin copy full body kit and wide fiberglass front panels.

- t50 out of a t18, need to get an adm or jdm bell.

- t series and tailshaft also out of a t18

- brand new ra65 front struts and brake assemly ready for coil over kits.

- rwd 4age etractors 4-1.

thats about it so far.

plans are to start out with.

PREP.

Get car rolling using ke70 front suspension for transportation to my house, where i can complete the prep work for the paint. not too much work needed just fix some rust in the hatch and in one door arch, then prep the kit and test fit it.

PAINT.

After she is smooth from a couple etch primes its time for the fun shit, PAINT. plans for colours are all up in the air at themoment but i have narrowwed it down, with alot of persuasiveness from mr Bain, to either the oriional Panda, White to Black bottom or (bains idea which is strongly growning on me as i type) Panda with aurion gold instead of white. I am defintly leaning towards the gold as i have not seen that colour on another 86 and i have seen my fair share of pandas getting around.

After paint and panel i will be doing the rest of the car in stages, ie.

Suspension, Coilies, cambertops, rear springs,shocks. painted diff. BRACES

Engine, send head to be cleaned and tested, put it all back together converting it to rwd, engine mounts, wiring clutch fly combo etc etc.

Interior. r32 front seats hopefully with new carpet, hood lining Blah blah blah.

if all goes well and i just stick to these broken down stages i should hoppefully not get too far run down as i have with previous pipe dream builds.

there will probably be some shaving of door handles and locks here or there if greenmac has anything to do with it.

over the past few years and greenmacs builds i have learnt quite abit on fabricating, painting, panelbeating and mechanics. this car will be my chance of building my car and showing that I'm not all bullshit haha

pics will be up soon and progress will be made promptly.

Cheers for reading

Jason

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered all my missing parts and gaskets for the 20v today. Big thanks to Jesse at cmi toyota spare parts in Adelaide.

Juat waiting on them to come in from japan then i can assemble the engine.

pretty happy to get all of the parts i was looking for.

Got all genuine parts cheaper than what i could find them for anywhere!!

Had a bit of a tinker tinker with it today. Aim of this afternoon was test fitment if the bodykit, so i can get it mounted cleanly then start the painting process.

Front bar fitment is sweet aswell as the rear bar, i will however have to make front and rear mounting brackets. Already sussed out how and what i am going to do, now just waiting for materials tomorrow then i can get them welded up.

Skirts however have the usuall fitment issues with gaps on the door surroundings. I dare say I'll just supaflex them on when the time comes.

Front bar as it will sit

post-7143-0-99679100-1311489630_thumb.jpg