June 16, 201115 yr comment_532491 Who cares seriously!!!! 2 inches at a max is as low as you wanna go!!!!! Report
June 16, 201115 yr comment_532495 +1 for reversing the leaf eyes and adding a leaf or 2. Thats as low as you would want at the back. Still decend ride comfort/ travel. Make sure you get suitable shocks too. Front is more of an issue. The best way is adjustable coilovers, RCAs etc. The worse way is cutting springs. Somewhere in between would be a strut upgrade for better options for shocks + custom height springs + RCAs. Pretty much do it properly, spend the money first time and then you wont have to worry about shit braking like your neck and/or your car when it bumpsteers into a tree :blush: Report
June 16, 201115 yr comment_532520 f@#k what anyone says.... each to there own. i like my cars as low as they will go... personally i think it looks better. my rolla isnt a speed machine, just a dirty 5k and don't mind the bumped ride.. so go hard man.. each to there own i reckon. Report
June 16, 201115 yr Author comment_532550 pull your head in ladies. I'm not taking it around the track, i don't want f1 handling, and i don't think the world will implode if i cut the springs. all i asked was "how low can i go until i start damaging my car". anywho, i might just experiment and put up some pics for all the people who can appreciate form>function. cheers anyway Report
June 16, 201115 yr comment_532554 pull your head in ladies. I'm not taking it around the track, i don't want f1 handling, and i don't think the world will implode if i cut the springs. all i asked was "how low can i go until i start damaging my car". anywho, i might just experiment and put up some pics for all the people who can appreciate form>function. cheers anyway Might want to go back and read my previous posts in this thread buddy. I have a ke38 wagon and it is low, any lower and it'll be sitting diff on chassis and top hat on bottom hat, even at its current level it's damaging the car. Report
June 16, 201115 yr Author comment_532621 wasnt talking about your post crowie; i've actually found heaps of your posts and build threads helpful Report
June 18, 201115 yr comment_533016 anywho, i might just experiment and put up some pics for all the people who can appreciate form>function. cheers anyway Please do mate, I'm tossing up my options now. I have 3" blocks for the rear, and a set of pedders (only 1" lower) which will see a coil chopped each, allowing a bit for the inevitable sag which will happen over time. Even at that I need to roll my guards to all $hit because of my 7" wide rims + phat offset. Show us how you go, and I'll try and do the same in my build thread when it finally all happens! Report
June 18, 201115 yr comment_533018 Haven't been able to snap a picture of the car at the moment although I'm sure someone will get one tomorrow at the show. I'll post one as soon as I find them. Report
June 20, 201115 yr comment_533652 http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/49096-june-19th-all-jap-classic-day-brisbane/page__st__150 Page 11 Caibs, obviously grass makes it look alot lower but you get the idea Report
June 20, 201115 yr Author comment_533713 that looks bombed mate. gotta say i'm a big fan. i've had no time to get creative with the grinder lately, unfortunately Report
June 27, 201115 yr comment_535671 Corolla's, actually everything, is it's coolest at its lowest. I've had KE20s with about 2 coils left in the front, not 2 cut out, they ride like absolute shit because they're pretty well riding metal on metal but when you pull up in your driveway and hop out and look at it... all the angry feelings go away cos it looks so feckin sweet. I have a KE26 at the moment, it has reversed leaf eyes and flattened leafs with navara shocks, and it has cut down struts with SV21 short shocks and B4 liberty springs (heavier rate) and it rides fine, the spring rate in the front is a little heavy and bounces which i will fix with a coil over kit when i paint the car properly, and the axle housings hit the floor if i hit a decent bump at speed but it looks so good i don't care at all!!! LOL I'm going to notch it when i paint it and get the coil over kit so i can get it even lower... If it's low you like then stuff your shocks, cho the shit out of the springs!!! there's a good chance that any change in height will ruin them cos they're prolly 20 years old. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now