How Low Can You Go

caibs

Members dont see this ad

+1 for reversing the leaf eyes and adding a leaf or 2. Thats as low as you would want at the back. Still decend ride comfort/ travel. Make sure you get suitable shocks too.

Front is more of an issue. The best way is adjustable coilovers, RCAs etc. The worse way is cutting springs. Somewhere in between would be a strut upgrade for better options for shocks + custom height springs + RCAs.

Pretty much do it properly, spend the money first time and then you wont have to worry about shit braking like your neck and/or your car when it bumpsteers into a tree :blush:

pull your head in ladies.

I'm not taking it around the track, i don't want f1 handling, and i don't think the world will implode if i cut the springs.

all i asked was "how low can i go until i start damaging my car".

anywho, i might just experiment and put up some pics for all the people who can appreciate form>function.

cheers anyway

pull your head in ladies.

I'm not taking it around the track, i don't want f1 handling, and i don't think the world will implode if i cut the springs.

all i asked was "how low can i go until i start damaging my car".

anywho, i might just experiment and put up some pics for all the people who can appreciate form>function.

cheers anyway

Might want to go back and read my previous posts in this thread buddy. I have a ke38 wagon and it is low, any lower and it'll be sitting diff on chassis and top hat on bottom hat, even at its current level it's damaging the car.

cheers anyway

Please do mate,

I'm tossing up my options now. I have 3" blocks for the rear, and a set of pedders (only 1" lower) which will see a coil chopped each, allowing a bit for the inevitable sag which will happen over time. Even at that I need to roll my guards to all $hit because of my 7" wide rims + phat offset.

Show us how you go, and I'll try and do the same in my build thread when it finally all happens!

Corolla's, actually everything, is it's coolest at its lowest.

I've had KE20s with about 2 coils left in the front, not 2 cut out, they ride like absolute shit because they're pretty well riding metal on metal but when you pull up in your driveway and hop out and look at it... all the angry feelings go away cos it looks so feckin sweet.

I have a KE26 at the moment, it has reversed leaf eyes and flattened leafs with navara shocks, and it has cut down struts with SV21 short shocks and B4 liberty springs (heavier rate) and it rides fine, the spring rate in the front is a little heavy and bounces which i will fix with a coil over kit when i paint the car properly, and the axle housings hit the floor if i hit a decent bump at speed but it looks so good i don't care at all!!! LOL

I'm going to notch it when i paint it and get the coil over kit so i can get it even lower...

If it's low you like then stuff your shocks, cho the shit out of the springs!!! there's a good chance that any change in height will ruin them cos they're prolly 20 years old.