Ke70 Brakes

yeah thats a very good point, ive done a defensive driving course,

i know that if you can swerve than thats better then locking the brakes.

my point was only that I had to lock the brakes the other day and hit someone cos it didnt stop,

had no where to swerve and if abs was present then i wouldve had a better chance of stopping.

might do more research into the topic as my car wasnt damaged (luckily as its my daily) and i want it to be that bit safer

cheers tho guys :)

Members dont see this ad

spring and shock condition (especially shocks) will drastically change braking ability.

how are your shocks?

once your tyres are locked, your brakes aren't doing anything. you are just dragging your tyres along the ground.

all cars will slow down "slowly" if you lock up the tyres. holding the tyres right on the limit of traction while braking, that's how you get the car to slow down quick!

unfortunately not easy to do in an emergency situation. this is where ABS is invaluable.

cars that lock front brakes are a skill to drive, my patrol ute has a bad habit of it (Too much rear weight)

it is something to learn, get some 3rd party property insurance, and put up with it, you will learn a lot!