Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protectant/Rejuvenator For Plastics And Vinyl ?

Featured Replies

Just wondering what you guys use on your old interior or exterior plastic/vinyl surfaces to keep them in good condition, especially keeping things like the dash supple etc etc

I was told by an old bloke with an open top Singer roadster at a car club meet to only use water to wipe down interior surfaces/and shine with castor oil because

most products are petroleum based and look good on application but = quicker deterioration.

Ive never really bothered with interiors too much until now, I used some pyroil (was told it would be good cause its made from orange oil??), but five min's with the car in the sun it looked like I had'nt used anything at all - just smelt like oranges

 

What do you people use or recommend ?

Its a good question.. I don't know what to use any more

 

I do know that armorall is shit. if you don't constantly apply your dash actually does crack. my first celica was testament to that sad fact.

  • Author

yeah i did use that armorall stuff, on my very first rolla, cracked the dash before I sold it to the wreckers for 700 bucks, with a shitty cracked dash ......... in 2002 I believe ...... I should of kept it........

Amorall, or any other product for that matter, is not a miracle cure. If the dash is a few years old (and brittle) nothing is going to save it. Particularly if the dash pad has been baking under a dash cover for a couple of years.

There was a rumour spreading through the car sales industry years ago Amorall CAUSES cracked dashes, this was a lie spread by a rival company so dealerships would switch from Amorall to their product.

 

I've been using Amorall for the better part of 25 years and, as I apply it fortnightly, I've never had a dash crack on any of my cars. Currently I have an 87 AE82 and 97 VS Clubsport, both have flawless dash pads. I use it on door trims, rubbers, seals, bumpers, tyres. I even use it under the bonnet of my Clubby when I show it. Works a treat.

 

I had a friend who used baby oil on his dash pad.

  • Author

Amorall, or any other product for that matter, is not a miracle cure. If the dash is a few years old (and brittle) nothing is going to save it. Particularly if the dash pad has been baking under a dash cover for a couple of years.

There was a rumour spreading through the car sales industry years ago Amorall CAUSES cracked dashes, this was a lie spread by a rival company so dealerships would switch from Amorall to their product.

 

I've been using Amorall for the better part of 25 years and, as I apply it fortnightly, I've never had a dash crack on any of my cars. Currently I have an 87 AE82 and 97 VS Clubsport, both have flawless dash pads. I use it on door trims, rubbers, seals, bumpers, tyres. I even use it under the bonnet of my Clubby when I show it. Works a treat.

 

I had a friend who used baby oil on his dash pad.

 

 

yeah cheers, I think it might be a case of finding a good product to use and then just religiously applying - I had a look at the amorall stuff and its even safe for natural rubber so it must not have any petro-chemicals in it ...... :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.