Protectant/Rejuvenator For Plastics And Vinyl ?

luke_ke

Just wondering what you guys use on your old interior or exterior plastic/vinyl surfaces to keep them in good condition, especially keeping things like the dash supple etc etc

I was told by an old bloke with an open top Singer roadster at a car club meet to only use water to wipe down interior surfaces/and shine with castor oil because

most products are petroleum based and look good on application but = quicker deterioration.

Ive never really bothered with interiors too much until now, I used some pyroil (was told it would be good cause its made from orange oil??), but five min's with the car in the sun it looked like I had'nt used anything at all - just smelt like oranges

What do you people use or recommend ?

Members dont see this ad

Amorall, or any other product for that matter, is not a miracle cure. If the dash is a few years old (and brittle) nothing is going to save it. Particularly if the dash pad has been baking under a dash cover for a couple of years.

There was a rumour spreading through the car sales industry years ago Amorall CAUSES cracked dashes, this was a lie spread by a rival company so dealerships would switch from Amorall to their product.

I've been using Amorall for the better part of 25 years and, as I apply it fortnightly, I've never had a dash crack on any of my cars. Currently I have an 87 AE82 and 97 VS Clubsport, both have flawless dash pads. I use it on door trims, rubbers, seals, bumpers, tyres. I even use it under the bonnet of my Clubby when I show it. Works a treat.

I had a friend who used baby oil on his dash pad.

Amorall, or any other product for that matter, is not a miracle cure. If the dash is a few years old (and brittle) nothing is going to save it. Particularly if the dash pad has been baking under a dash cover for a couple of years.

There was a rumour spreading through the car sales industry years ago Amorall CAUSES cracked dashes, this was a lie spread by a rival company so dealerships would switch from Amorall to their product.

I've been using Amorall for the better part of 25 years and, as I apply it fortnightly, I've never had a dash crack on any of my cars. Currently I have an 87 AE82 and 97 VS Clubsport, both have flawless dash pads. I use it on door trims, rubbers, seals, bumpers, tyres. I even use it under the bonnet of my Clubby when I show it. Works a treat.

I had a friend who used baby oil on his dash pad.

yeah cheers, I think it might be a case of finding a good product to use and then just religiously applying - I had a look at the amorall stuff and its even safe for natural rubber so it must not have any petro-chemicals in it ...... :)