3tgte Corolla Owners...

AE25

Good luck with 250atw with the stock CT20... but if he says it's possible, and can do it, i'd love to see.

We ran my old red T18 down the strip for the first time. Stock aside from 2.5" crush bent exhaust, top mount intercooler with zero airflow and 11psi...

Dynoed at 165hp at the wheels, we have a HUGE wheelspin issue with that much. First run (and first ever drag run for the driver) bogged launch, spun the crap out of second, then hooked up and ran a 14.9 first pass. Best of the night was the last run. Best hookup we could hope for, and easy on the shifts netted a 14.5

The bastards kept lining us up against a brand new FPV that was running low 14's/high 13's with big front mount, extra boost and performance chip...

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...
Good luck with 250atw with the stock CT20... but if he says it's possible, and can do it, i'd love to see.

2nded

also 300hp on std pistons i have seen done, with 16psi and t3/t4 turbo. but any detonation whatsoever will blow holes in pistons. good idea to run an oil catch can from both breathers. Most importantly have it tuned on the safe side (rich). I'd hope your ct20 is in good condition.. wouldn't want it blowing oil into the inlet. a restrictive air filter could cause this on a worn turbo.

Edited by AE25

I'm glad to hear someone is seeing 300hp on stock pistons... means my hopes of not needing to open the engine may well prove fruitful.

We're currently getting cams ground to hopefully suit a TDO6-G18, 440cc injectors and piggyback ECU along with 3" exhaust.

Aiming to see 250+ atw, and with some proper semi-slicks, aiming for low 13s (but perfect launch and faultless run should see 12s). Will see come next season!

• 1 year later...

wakey wakey topic

300rwhp on stock pistons is do-able yes, but not exactly reliable. It would take only a poor batch of fuel or a quick fuel surge or something like a sensor to read wrong, and the cast pistons will die very quickly. or head gasket let go or many other things that fail under stress. forged pistons will at least handle a bit of detonation before breaking.

so i have been tinkering and have some info to share in regards to t25/t28 conversion.

Using std efi. first off fitted innovate wideband meter. v8 fuel pump, 440cc 7mgt inj's, 5mge afm tweaked to 11:1 afr (still rich), front mounted gtir I/C, 2.1/2" mandrel exhaust, wound up boost from ct20 to 14psi.

The difference this made to power over a std engine is quite a contrast. highly recommend with the supporting fuel mods!

CT20 vs t25 from a Rover 2.0 vs S15 t28... CT turbine is larger, compressor is smaller. which explains why they're laggy for the power produced.

CT20 | T25 | T28

Turbine

In 59.8 | 53 | 53

Ex 47.9 | 41.7 | 41.7

Compressor

In 36 | 42 | 46.5

Ex 56.9 | 54 | 60.1

I then fitted a chinese T28 (actually t25 in wheel size lol). wound that up to 16psi and definately noticeable improvement in boost response and power over ct20. but the wheel balance was screwed and it self destructed. fitting genuine garrett t25 and t28 now for a test...

adding t28 conversion pics in here. will make a web page once well tested.

http://toycrazy.net/tech/3tgte-t28/

Edited by AE25