Rear Brake Drum Ke70

I was gonna remove the rear brake drum today to clean out and tension the handbrake. The driver's side went all fine but the passenger side i couldn't get the drum loose. Everytime i pulled it it was like it feathered right back with a spring or something. I tried bending it with a screwdriver and hitting it with a hammer from the inside but no luck, cause the entire drum is loose and moves out and in about 1 or 2 centimeters but it just won't let go.

Is it just the handbrake band that's too tight against the drum so it won't move or is there something else i don't know about?

Edited by Tomas_90

Members dont see this ad

..and what you will find is that the drum is grooved where the shoes run and the outside lip is now smaller and catching.

Let the handbrake off and see if you can un-adjust the automatic adjuster to get the shoes right back in. You might have to make a little tool to hold the rachet back off the adjusting arm while you turn it, some odd bit of bent metal.

If you force it you may bend things! Theres a reason the drum is not coming off. It will most likely be that the drum has a lip on it and is catching on the edge of the shoe. As stated you need to back it off, the threaded holes work sometimes but make it easy to damage things.