Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Dashlights Come On With Brake Pedal

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

I got a ke70 a few weeks ago, everything in it is all sweet exept for this one problem.

 

If I have the car running or not and i press the brake pedal with the light stalk turned completely off, the cluster and the middle part of the console with the fan and air settings light up and also the parkers if the headlights are turned off.

 

And it seems to be drawing power to the brake lights aswell, you can just see the brake lights come on if you have the lights turned on.

 

I have checked fuses and wiring but i have no idea what the go is.

 

Any help is appreciated.

 

Cheers guys

Edited by 7rav

bad earth?

you have the wrong bulb in the brake light socket.

Also bought my Ke70 recently and have the exact same problem.. P.M. me if u figure out the problem, mate. :)

 

Does the brake light take the same bulb as the tail light, guys???

 

Cheers.

brake light and tail light are one, they have to be a dual filament bulb.. the rest of the bulbs are singe filament.

Cheers for the quick reply dbr11k.. but now I'm confused..

 

The rear light assembly has a socket for the indicator, tail and brake.. or at least that's my assumed order of the sockets.. At the moment, the brake and tail light sockets are using the same type of bulb.. What exactly do you mean by, "brake light and tail light are one"?

 

I guess, in short.. what type of bulb do I need to put in the tail light socket and what type of bulb do I need to put in the brake light socket? I'll go buy them ASAP, as i can't drive at night currently!!! :\

 

Sorry for hi-jacking ur thread, 7rav but i assume I'm helping your cause.. haha :)

 

Much appreciated guys.

 

Peace

The code for taillight bulbs is bay15d and what he means is that the brake light has two parts to it internally. One fillament goes on for lights and another extra one will go on when brakes go on. in a ksev there are only three bulb holders ,reverse light, brake and indicator.

Brake and tail are one bulb with two filaments.

 

Tiny 6watt or so for tail light, 25watt odd for brake light.

 

Offset pins, so it must go in only one way... as dbr11k said, if you have the wrong bulb it won't sit on the contacts properly.

 

Check the earths to the body too, there's one by the boot latch. Loosen them, wiggle them, tighten them up.

Sorry guys.. Can't believe I didn't realise the 3rd socket lines up to be the reverse light.. hahah Awkward! O.o

 

Changed the bulb to a dual filament in the middle socket and all is a go now! :D

 

Hope this helps you 7rav!

 

Thanks heaps, gents.. been a big help!

 

Peace out..

  • Author

Sorry guys.. Can't believe I didn't realise the 3rd socket lines up to be the reverse light.. hahah Awkward! O.o

 

Changed the bulb to a dual filament in the middle socket and all is a go now! :D

 

Hope this helps you 7rav!

 

Thanks heaps, gents.. been a big help!

 

Peace out..

 

Yeah its all good now, I opened the back lights up, one had the 2 fillament bulb the other one had the single fillament so i replaced it and i works like a dream.

 

 

Cheers dbr11k you helped alot

 

thanks guys :y:

all good.. i had to work that out my self so imagine how i felt haha .. running around the car with a test light for about two hours !!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.