4age Keeps Bouncing Off 3 Grand ???

Kravit

Members dont see this ad

Never heard of that before....?

Is it just the Taco that does it? Or does the engine actually surge from 1500rpm to 3000rpm? Does it ever go any higher than 3k?

my 4age idles at 1500rpm for a few minutes while it warms itself up, but never for a long period of time?

Interesting????.......... :hmm:

Edited by ROLLN'03

Yeh it is, could it be timming ?, i did take of my cams to spray them, but i aligned back up with their dots and bottom pully.

I just did test without throttle sensor and it would just rev to 3 grand and bounce of it like usual,so its not that

hmm, don't think its tacho, doesnt sound like its reving to the real rev limiter, Its not slugish or bad smelling at all, really pissin me off

2 very very common causes of that.. you have an air lock in the cooling system

or you have a fuxx0red idle valve.

the idle valve is under the throttle body on those. you can take them apart and clean them... that sometimes works.... or just throw it away and block it off.

How can i get rid of air locks ?

Are you talking about two pipes that go from engine to the bottom efi, the water hoses ?

with the whole checking for codes ive never done it so it was just a suggestion, usually involves a test light and the ecu rite? read about it a fair bit on toymods, but hey i got no idea really :hmm:

uhhhh its not a good idea to back probe ecu's with your normal test light unless u like stuffing ecu's up. use a LED test light if you are going to back probe the ecu.

Edited by Kebin