Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Revvin At 3,500 @ 100km/hr

Featured Replies

hey guys

 

I haven't posted much on here as of yet, uni is over so i'll be on here a fair bit.

 

I've got a ke30 2door sedan, I'm getting pics up soon.

 

I installed a tacho, and at a hundred clicks, the little 4k revs at approximately 3,500RPM. It has a 5 speed gearbox.

 

Is this normal for a 5 speed 4K? I'm thinking its got a different diff in it ... In which case i will be replacing it soon. ..

 

I did a search but couldn't find anything specific enough...

 

 

Cheers guys, dyzza

no, that's normal

these things have 4.1 or 4.3 diffs

thats pretty normal,

 

 

Give your corolla a pair of webers :P

 

that will make it rev harder, and go faster

Edited by Fayt

  • Author
thats pretty normal,

Give your corolla a pair of webers :P

 

that will make it rev harder, and go faster

 

Cheers for all the replies fellas

 

A mate of mine swears blue that he had a KE35 coupe that kicked it at ~ 3,000 at 100 clicks ... did these have different ratios or is he speakin out his ass?

 

Yeah it has lower profile tyres on 14 inch rims, the rear ones need to be an inch or so bigger in diameter to be normal, its affecting my speedo i'm sure ...

 

Its got a 32/36 webber on it. It chugs down the fuel but ... I haven't got the original owner's manual, should i assume the tank is 55L like my old ke55 had ? I think its got tuning issues ... only gettin about 10ks off a Litre of juice ...

 

i gotta change me foto <--- thats the last ke30 i had. Mine's yella

 

Cheers, Dyzza

Edited by Dyzza

Its got a 32/36 webber on it. It chugs down the fuel but ...

 

----------------------------------

 

webers can actually be really good if set up properly

 

 

 

hehe, i would think we have one of the biggest fuel chuggers around, we have a rx7 sport sedan rc and that use a litre every 50 secs :)

 

weve actually got a spare 320hp Rotary 2 engine in my garage, anyone up to a little engine conversion into a corolla :P

Edited by Fayt

Its got a 32/36 webber on it. It chugs down the fuel but ... I haven't got the original owner's manual, should i assume the tank is 55L like my old ke55 had ? I think its got tuning issues ... only gettin about 10ks off a Litre of juice ...

 

10k's off one litre, which is 100k's off 10 litres...that is about what all my corollas have done...with standard carbies...Let alone a webber.

 

If I drive my supercharged one hard...I get 90k's off 30 litres

yeah, my modified 4k got about 10L/100km, with both the modified stock singlecarb i have, and the twin SUs i had as well. SUs were more efficient at low rpm, singlecarb better on fuel at high rpm (because there wasnt really enough airflow to use a substantial amount of fuel lol)

  • Author

hmm

 

so 10L/100ks is pretty normal. I had a 1.5L laser that had a 32/36 weber, extractors, zorst that was gettin almost 14ks off a litre. That car hauled ass too ... I can't wait to put in the ca18de - power and economy!

 

Dyzza

Or put a 6 speed in :P

 

That really wont get the expected/desired result. If you look at the Supra 6spd for instance (and most of the easy to find boxes are like this) the ratio for 5th is 1:1 and 6th is 0.793:1 (or 0.818 depending on which box you look at) compared to the 5spd with a 4th ratio of 1:1 and a 5th of 0.783:1. You can see theres two parts bugger all difference. I still wouldnt knock back a good 6spd conversion :)

 

On the fuel economy front my 2T (1.6L) powered celica got 8.3L/100km (has been as low as 7.3/100 and thats not pussy footing) on the last fill with 60% highway driving. Its got a 32DGV weber, 4-1 extractors (heat wrapped...it makes a difference) and a 4.1 diff and its in need of a plug/lead/points change. Usually sits about 3200rpm @ 100kmph.

  • Author

hmm

 

I have put some different wheels on the back of the car. The ones that were on it were 13s with 185/50s; these ones are jellybean 13s with 205 / 60s. I think the previous wheels were an inch smaller than standard, and the jellybeans on it now are an inch too big. But it has made quite a difference - its sittin at aboot 3,100.

 

Cheers

i noticed switching down to lower profile tyres (185/70/13 to 185/60/13) lowered my highway rpm and made quite a difference to fuel efficiency

yeah my stock 4K ke55 5spd is doing a few revs at 100kmh... prolly 3 i'd say

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.