Ke30

Rolla__Boy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Gearbox change went ok, clutch is now fooked though.

Some kind soul sent me a KE55 5 speed extension housing from Melbourne :D So the mighty KE30 is now getting a 5 speed and new clutch, and last week received a brand new master cylinder, so it may finally stop hehe

Sadly, the KE30 is about to lose it's SC and go back to general duties, not even in my hands, hopefully my friend will look after it for me *cries*

I took the KE30 out for a bit of fun on the weekend, as a goodbye, and things went well, nothing broke, apart from the end tank being blown off the radiator. (Will take pics when I pull it out)

So, it's been fun Mr KE30, but all good things must come to an end.

:D You are a classic

The coupe will stay in my posession until the day that it snaps in half from rust....even then I will sticky tape it back together...hehe

I'd die without my coupe....but I'd die without the reason I am giving the KE30 away, so I can live with no KE30

• 1 month later...

The end has come for the mighty KE30 project I'm afraid...

It is getting changed to auto :P And lifted to standard height...(maybe lowering again later) And will be used by a friend of mine as a daily....So no more crazy spur of the moment supercharging decisions and what not...

I'll be on the look out for a van, or a wagon maybe....Something to have a bit of a play with, that can be used to carry parts when I break them hehe.

So *waves* bye bye to the old girl...It's been fun

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doktor

To bad the car is gone... The project looked really sweet...

Does anyone have an idea of what such a setup might cost? I saw another guy here that had the same kind of setup on his A engine.

Regards Dennis

I'm after some of those BIG side stickers in white for my matte black celica! who do i talk to? and what will they cost?

cheers, lloyd

You should talk to our fearless leader Nick...He is the sticker master

To bad the car is gone... The project looked really sweet...

Does anyone have an idea of what such a setup might cost? I saw another guy here that had the same kind of setup on his A engine.

Regards Dennis

The car isn't actually gone, It's still sitting in my garage, currently being prepared for my gf to own. It's staying a manual, getting new carpet, new stereo, and I think some pink seat covers...hey she's a girl, what can I say haha

Guest doktor
The car isn't actually gone, It's still sitting in my garage, currently being prepared for my gf to own. It's staying a manual, getting new carpet, new stereo, and I think some pink seat covers...hey she's a girl, what can I say haha

Then there is no need for the SC :S How much would such a complete set cost? approx? That would be an easy way to put some more life into my old 4K

:P

The supercharger will be going on my KE35...So there is still a big need for it :P

I expect if you can do most of the work yourself you could get it all done for under a grand.

I think the guy that did mine originally (before I bought it, he did it for some other guy) charged $2000

Guest doktor

That is cheap boosting... The carb was from a Saab 99, where are the SC from?

Would you be nice and make a list of what is needed, until now I know a SC, carb (if I don't make it a sucky-sucky), pipes and hoses.

/Dennis

The superchargers are off a 1GGZE Toyota engine...they can be purchased from anywhere from $200 to $400.

You will need an electric fuel pump, A thermo fan, SC brackets, a crank pulley, a SC belt, piping umm some other bits and pieces, like a blanking plate for the mech fuel pump hole. I'm sure there is more..I just can't think of anything else right now

• 2 months later...

Update:

This is now my car again, my gf wanted the new brown KE55 (square headlight) corolla that I bought a while back, so I am putting the KE30 back on the road...stickers and all :laff:

Can't wait, as this was a really nice car to drive

And a pic to remind everyone :laff:

post-632-1155431622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rolla__Boy