September 1, 201115 yr comment_550561 does any one know if it would be possible to register in NSW a Ke70 corolla if it was 1uz powered? as i can't decide between a 1uz and an sr20 Edited September 1, 201115 yr by kurt. Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_550570 Why don't you ring up your local registraion department and ask about that laws ? or atleast google it? Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_550589 Answer for both engines, is yes, Do you have either experience at fabrication or as little as 30k to throw at your KE70? Report
September 2, 201115 yr Author comment_550762 Answer for both engines, is yes, Do you have either experience at fabrication or as little as 30k to throw at your KE70? fabrication is not a problem as i have had extensive experience. have access to a machine shop. and have help from a veteran at custom hotrod building! I was only after an answer as two weather or not it would be legal or not with the 1uz Report
September 2, 201115 yr comment_550781 honestly man most of us are Aussies on here ( there are exceptions) but maybe call your registration department or also look on club-k that is a new Zealand based forum Report
September 2, 201115 yr comment_550798 fabrication is not a problem as i have had extensive experience. have access to a machine shop. and have help from a veteran at custom hotrod building! I was only after an answer as two weather or not it would be legal or not with the 1uz The answer would be yes, As long as you work with an engineer who will sign the car off, you will get her registered Report
September 2, 201115 yr comment_550822 No, in NSW there are capacity limits, which I think for a KE70 is 2.7 litres. Report
September 2, 201115 yr comment_550823 Read this: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engine_01jan2011_v3.pdf Report
September 2, 201115 yr comment_550892 ring an engineer, ring lots of engineers. don't f@$k around on forums asking whats legal, never trust the internet with your money.... Report
September 19, 201115 yr comment_554568 I know of a nigerian prince that said it was legal , just send him the money and the car. Seems legit,emails and everything. Edited September 19, 201115 yr by Spencer Report
October 7, 201114 yr comment_558564 I honestly doubt you will be able to get a 1uz registered in a ke70 in any state in Australia. Report
October 7, 201114 yr comment_558677 Definitely not a 1uz I have spoken to an engineer whilst investigating swaps when I was living in NSW I was told an n/a engine can be up to 3x the weight of the car (1000kg car limit is 3L) and forced induction is 2.5x (1000kg car limit is 2.5L). The engineer also said even if the engine is within those restrictions but is too hi-po it won't get engineered so I dare say you would be sh!t outta luck with a sr20t as well unless ur in good with an engineer. Report
October 7, 201114 yr comment_558705 Definitely not a 1uz I have spoken to an engineer whilst investigating swaps when I was living in NSW I was told an n/a engine can be up to 3x the weight of the car (1000kg car limit is 3L) and forced induction is 2.5x (1000kg car limit is 2.5L). The engineer also said even if the engine is within those restrictions but is too hi-po it won't get engineered so I dare say you would be sh!t outta luck with a sr20t as well unless ur in good with an engineer. sr20det should be fine. I have seen a ke70 with a 1jzgte that is apparently legal. It all comes down to who you know and who is willing to plate it for you but remember just because it is mod plated or engineered doesn't mean its legal.. Edited October 7, 201114 yr by mark1414 Report
October 7, 201114 yr comment_558715 sr20det should be fine. I have seen a ke70 with a 1jzgte that is apparently legal. It all comes down to who you know and who is willing to plate it for you but remember just because it is mod plated or engineered doesn't mean its legal.. Really? Ways the point then lol? Sorry if that's a bit dumb/ignorant Report
October 8, 201114 yr comment_558744 cause engineers sign off on cars under the mod plate rules, but if it doesnt meet the set out criteria its supposed to its still not legal, unless you build an ICV or they go signatory engineer and submit a full application to build. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now