1Uz Ke70

kurt.

Members dont see this ad

Answer for both engines, is yes,

Do you have either experience at fabrication or as little as 30k to throw at your KE70?

fabrication is not a problem as i have had extensive experience. have access to a machine shop. and have help from a veteran at custom hotrod building!

I was only after an answer as two weather or not it would be legal or not with the 1uz

fabrication is not a problem as i have had extensive experience. have access to a machine shop. and have help from a veteran at custom hotrod building!

I was only after an answer as two weather or not it would be legal or not with the 1uz

The answer would be yes,

As long as you work with an engineer who will sign the car off, you will get her registered

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definitely not a 1uz I have spoken to an engineer whilst investigating swaps when I was living in NSW I was told an n/a engine can be up to 3x the weight of the car (1000kg car limit is 3L) and forced induction is 2.5x (1000kg car limit is 2.5L). The engineer also said even if the engine is within those restrictions but is too hi-po it won't get engineered so I dare say you would be sh!t outta luck with a sr20t as well unless ur in good with an engineer.

Definitely not a 1uz I have spoken to an engineer whilst investigating swaps when I was living in NSW I was told an n/a engine can be up to 3x the weight of the car (1000kg car limit is 3L) and forced induction is 2.5x (1000kg car limit is 2.5L). The engineer also said even if the engine is within those restrictions but is too hi-po it won't get engineered so I dare say you would be sh!t outta luck with a sr20t as well unless ur in good with an engineer.

sr20det should be fine. I have seen a ke70 with a 1jzgte that is apparently legal.

It all comes down to who you know and who is willing to plate it for you but remember just because it is mod plated or engineered doesn't mean its legal..

Edited by mark1414

sr20det should be fine. I have seen a ke70 with a 1jzgte that is apparently legal.

It all comes down to who you know and who is willing to plate it for you but remember just because it is mod plated or engineered doesn't mean its legal..

Really? Ways the point then lol? Sorry if that's a bit dumb/ignorant

cause engineers sign off on cars under the mod plate rules, but if it doesnt meet the set out criteria its supposed to its still not legal, unless you build an ICV or they go signatory engineer and submit a full application to build.