Come And Try Motorkhana 2006

Date: 15 January 2006

Entry fee: $35.00.

Licences required: CAMS and CAMS affiliated club licence

Note: CAMS day licence is available at the venue for $20 and day club licence also available for $5 (all deductable from annual licences should you decide to upgrade).

Road Registered cars need an extension to CTP Insurance. [if you don't know what this means, please ask]

or

Mary [email protected] or 33916522 business hours

Lads and Ladies, there are NO EXCUSES! you really should make an effort to go to this one!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because the normal CTP in Queensland doesn't cover cars in competition. Hence the need for an extension. It's a stupid system, I know, but that's the way it works and I don't see the point in continuously venting on and on about it. You always make it sound like it's the end of the world and you have to jump through hoops of fire and pay your lifes savings and that it's the most stressful thing in the world, when it's really not.

It's not like it's hard to get or anything. I don't think it's even caused by CAMS itself, since CAMS doesn't control how the CTP in Queensland works.

And FYI, you don't need a special to be exempt from CTP extensions. You just need a car that doesn't have CTP to begin with (ie non registered car). At least CAMS is nice enough to cover unregistered cars without additional fee.

/rant.

Pencilled in
:D young man, get your eraser busy and nikko it in please! :(

Also, I must agree with Fook here.

The whole 3rd party extension problem is a major pain and seems like red tape for no reason

BUT

as much as I'm generally not the biggest fan of CAMS, it's not their fault. It's the whole legal system here, they don't have this problem in NZ. Other clubs have similar problems but in some cases I've even heard of horse riding clubs closing down completely.

Motorkhan-ing was the last of all the motorsporting disciplines to ask for the extension, the hillclimb has required it for years. So, really, you've all been allowed to not get the extension for way longer than you really should have. What that really means is that the people watching your events have been at risk for way longer than they really should have.

The 3rd party extension is there to protect you, your passengers and the people who come to watch you. It sucks, but it's worth it.

Edited by 99

It covers any spectators or non-competing people that you might injure while competing. For example if for some reason you lost control of your car and went through a crowd of spectators.

The normal CTP in Queensland (which stands for Compulsory Third Party) covers injuries to people you injure, but NOT if you are competing in a competition. Hence you need an extension (which doesn't really make any sense to me, it's a stupid idea), so that the CTP will cover you while you are competing.

Without this, if you injure anyone while competing, YOU are liable for their injuries. As you can probably imagine, this can turn to very large suckiness very quickly. And then if this did happen to you, then you'd probably try to sue the car club because they didn't tell you, and then the car club would try to sue CAMS for not enforcing it etc etc, after all we know that here in Australia everyone gets sued by everybody else for all sorts of absolutely obscure reasons. Hence CAMS cover themselves by insisting that car clubs have to ensure that competitors have the CTP extension. That way the government covers you, and so the car clubs and CAMS are not involved, and kept happy.

If however you are injured while in competion, CAMS will cover you, this is part of the cost of getting a CAMS licence. Well, that's my understanding anyway.

Edited by demuire

so are you going to give the stupid australian pricks who go sue crazy a big pat on the back too? The public liability problem isn't because americans sue everybody for everything, it's because australians do the same, and probably have about the same success rate.

All thanks to it being so stupidly hard and overpriced for the club to get public liability for itself.
bingo

and good explanation fook

It doesn't matter whose fault it is, it sucks, and I'm never sure why we don't do what the kiwis did. Somehow they made the whole problem go away (or never surface in the first place). And motorsport is just THRIVING because it's all oh-so-cheap in NZ. Almost makes me want to move there. Except you'd have to put up with the Kiwis.

It's only a requirement for QLD registered vehicles due to Government legislation. No other state has this requirement.

It's only a requirement for QLD registered vehicles due to Government legislation. No other state has this requirement.