Vt Acclaim

Kid-Ae

Nice VT, they're not a bad daily, and there is fun to be had in RWD cars ;)

High flow cat won't do a thing performance wise, but it will affect exhaust note and volume somewhat. If you want the exhaust to sound decent without drawing too much attention, a hotdog on the tailpipe, or even a second muffler is the go.

Members dont see this ad

Mine is on SSL and Ive never had an issue with CV shafts, although a friend with a VE SS that is ridiculously low (stupid stupid low, guy is a dick) keeps popping drive shafts. It seems to be a larger issue with VY onwards.

A lot of people do get away with it and yes the vy onwards is more common, I work for a CV joint shop, if a commodore has been lowered then we can state what amount it has been dropped and they will send a shaft for that level, the cv on them has a tendency to rub into the cups that go into the diff, last one I did was 2 weeks ago from a vt.

Not saying you have to get them just saying that you really should.

With luck i'll have the new panels back from the painters tomorrow and on the car, exactly one week after the accident laugh.gif

Got everything done for a damn good price too, so fairly chuffed wink.gif

Been driving the missus Ascent, love it to bits. So zippy and fun to throw around corners at road speed and it just hangs on cool.gif

VT will resume daily duties when panels are back on and Saturday morning will go in for a wheel alignment, then she'll be all smiles again and it'll be time to keep on keepin' on.

Have rather enjoyed using my girlfriend's car, and the fuel consumption is awesome! 500kms to a tank, less than $60 from empty to full. Happy to fill up instead of the VT wallbash.gif

Need to invest in some seat covers over the weekend...

A lot of people do get away with it and yes the vy onwards is more common, I work for a CV joint shop, if a commodore has been lowered then we can state what amount it has been dropped and they will send a shaft for that level, the cv on them has a tendency to rub into the cups that go into the diff, last one I did was 2 weeks ago from a vt.

Not saying you have to get them just saying that you really should.

hmmmmm, thats something new! I know you can get custom shafts made, but didnt know they did different lengths off the shelf. Good to know. :yes:

Decided completely against taking out a loan now for a car. It's a nice thought and it IS do-able, I just don't think it'd be worthwhile in the short term.

Will be chasing next year an AE series Corolla, either a hatch like my old one or maybe a 102 sedan....

Figure I can pay cash, sell the VT and recoup the cost.

Yeah I'm definitely chasing a CSi, however I prefer the tailgate without the trim insert on the back, personal taste I guess.

I want EFI so I can go crazy with a full exhaust system, extractors, highflow cat, hotdog etc and make it purr. If you see one let me know!

Hmm you'll be hard pressed to find a Csi without the garnish, but I'm sure if you know a panel beater he could probably weld up those holes anyway, Especially if there is a little surface rust which needs removing :y:

I was at pick a part in Kilsyth last week and there was a white Holden Nova which had the tailgate spoiler that looked alright. Would you go for a manual though?

Can't go down the manual path as I only have auto license and really cbf having to f around and get a manual one.

I'd just grab a tailgate from a CS and put it on wink.gif

Back to the VT. Panel spraying was delayed slightly, should be Tuesday. Finally got to get under and check out the entire undercarriage, seems quite good if you ask me.

Missus and I decided we're taking her 04 Ascent to Sydney rather than the Commodore in January. Means I'll be selling when I find the right Corolla for me laugh.gif

Got the painted panels back on today. A week of driving a small car then getting back in it feels strange. VT is definitely slower than the Ascent and takes a lot more braking effort even with good brakes..

Wheel alignment tomorrow and she'll be good as new.

personally I would be leaving that job to when you decide to take the manifold off and replace the valley and intake gaskets.

If you are going to pull the plenum apart, maay as well grab a set of inlet/valley gaskets and do the lot, it doesnt take too long and is pretty worthwhile considering like 80% of all ecotecs will leak water through degraded inlet gaskets (gives the impression of a water leak or BHG in some cars due to water loss)

Doing this to a vx tomorrow if you want me to get some pics or anything like that.

Yeah mate if you'd do that it'dbe much appreciated!

Gave the car a run tonight at work, felt pretty good, just pulls to the left a little bit. It'll be fine after it gets the alignment.

On the hunt for a Corolla now wink.gif

You never escape them!

Up to you if you can be bothered, if not it's cool smile.gif

Wheel alignment is done, car feels weird to drive because the steering is so accurate now.

Went looking at cars today... Some people do not realize that if you are selling a car you at the very least give it a vacuum. Saw a car today that had all kinds of stains, dirt and other things inside it...

You can use a dirty car to your advantage, haggle the price down, claim that you're going to pay to get it professionally cleaned. BTW there's a few auto EFI rolla's on carsales and the like, just depends if you want a hatch specifically, or would be happy with a seca or sedan.