Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bye Bye Road Noise ...

Featured Replies

greetings rollings...

 

well after being sick of the constant humming noise coming from the rear end of my little yella beast, i got new wheel bearings put in it.

 

its now a quiet little car at 100 clicks. its got a pea shooter exhaust on it, so the only noise is the sucking of the weber and humming of extractors from the engine bay.

 

its tops, you can actually talk to people at normal volume! I'm surprised how little road noise the little car has, i'm cheering...

 

Anywhoo, thought i would share.

 

Cheers, dyzza

  • Author
Nice work :)

 

Feels good having a quiet car again eh?

 

yeah man feels good.

 

already used to it but ... making plans to make it even quieter ... hehe

 

dyzza

I have had so many diff's in my car, that I get used to road noise...but occasionally I get a quiet one..and I am like, what's wrong with this diff...ohhh yeah it's NOT f@$ked

bah! road noise is good!

it stops you hearing all those irritating little noises that means theres somethin else to fix/spend money on.

"god bless loud exhausts and powerful stereos :)

haha

Hey dyzza,

 

What other things are you going to do to make it quieter? Sound proofing by laying mats in the flooring etc. and sound deading the tire wells?

 

I'm going to get my rear wheel bearings replaced this week. I've got a constant winding noise from the right, and a bit on the left.

  • Author
Hey dyzza,

 

What other things are you going to do to make it quieter? Sound proofing by laying mats in the flooring etc. and sound deading the tire wells?

 

I'm going to get my rear wheel bearings replaced this week. I've got a constant winding noise from the right, and a bit on the left.

 

hey

 

well what i did with my old car. .. i bought that paint on sound deadener (same stuff as the spray on stuff - but the paint on stuff is what i use ... ), and painted it under the wheel arches. I found thats where a lot of the noise is coming from (especially if you have 15" mags with low profile tyres).

 

It worked pretty well, i noticed the difference. I also painted the stuff on the underside of the floor boarding (so i jacked the car up and painted the shizzle on).

 

With my KE30, i'm gonna paint the same stuff over the plastic protector shizzle on the inside of the wheel arches. I have a fairly quiet little 4K motor (i love the noise of the weber when you plant it), but i wouldn't mind putting a couple of those sound deadener mats you can get under the carpet and against the fire wall.

 

Speaking of stupid noises cars make, has anyone had a problem with a 32/36 DGV (or DGF ... can't remember) weber squeaking ? its an annoying noise it makes when you have your foot on the accelerator, like a whistle that air makes. The noise will go away if you put your foot down a little bit (say accelerating from 80 to 100) but once it hits that same amount of airflow into the motor, it squeaks like a baby ostrich. Its actually quite loud ... WHAT IS IT?? its driving me nuts.

 

Cheers, Dyzza

  • Author
put your finger down the throat and feel the venturi, it's probably loose

you need to pull the top off and "stake" it

 

 

Cheers mate. ... i'll give it a shot :cool:

I've got an exhaust leak

 

Therefore I drive with my stereo at full volume :cool:

 

yeah i got the same prob, except i ain't put the stereo in yet.

 

NAAAAAAAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

  • Author
What's the verdict?

 

hey

 

i pulled out the venturis, they were both loose as a goose. I jammed some thick paper/cardboard stuff between the edges of the venturi's and the groove they sit in on the carby. The noise is 60% gone, but still makes it when revving the motor stationary. Can barely hear it cruisin along at 100ks, more so at the slower speeds. I might pull them out again when i get sick of the noise and do a better job at it.

 

Thanks again, Dyzza

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.