How To: Coilover Covers

rian

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys.

I put my new springs in the other day to test them out, and after not even 2 days they had scratches and chips >|

So happy that I can just put my coilover covers on and not have to worry about anymore scratches or dirt and crap getting in the coilover sleeve/seat/lockring/damper, and I'll have crispy new-looking coilovers forever! :)

My only concerns would be the tire rubbing on the fabric when the coilovers are compressed and the slight possibility of a fire starting via brake disc ect. But these are a nifty little idea Rian and they're sure way to stop your coilovers from getting damaged/scratched. :y:

Cheers, Crowie.

+1 on not having any kind of fabric in a car ever except interior, its a fire waiting to happen. done with flame resistant materials however and this is a good idea.

suspensions made to be driven on, not look shiny, and shocks should have rubber boots on them anyways or your being lazy/cheap/doing it wrong. the rubber boots are like 2 bucks depending where you buy them.