Ke70 Driveline Vibrations

Tomas_90

Members dont see this ad

Heh, well fair enough :D The rear driveshaft that goes into the diff is rocking about 1 - 1,5 centimeter. That could mean a problem :D

If the diff flange is moving 1 - 1.5 then it is just diff backlash which is adjustable to an extent, if the previous owner did the UJ's then there is a good chance that he put the flanges back on 180 out which will most of the time cause a vibration.

If the diff flange is moving 1 - 1.5 then it is just diff backlash which is adjustable to an extent, if the previous owner did the UJ's then there is a good chance that he put the flanges back on 180 out which will most of the time cause a vibration.

Okay. So how do i adjust that?

Been driving the car now for 2 days to work and back and there is indeed quite a lot of vibration. You can't feel a thing of it until you hit 55-60 km/h and then all the way up to about 100 as said. It was the same in 3rd and 4th gear so i doubt it's the gearbox, and i would like to believe it comes from somewhere in the back when listening from inside the car while driving.

Haven't looked any closer at the driveshaft yet.

• 1 month later...

Right, small update. I've looked under the car and as far as i can tell everything seemed fine exept for the rubber bushing support that the driveshaft goes through under the middle of the car. It seemed dry and made a "dry rubber, cracking" sound when moving it. You could move it a cm or 2 back and fourth, but the driveshaft wasn't really loose. Could this be related to the issue? To me it seems a bit too small of a problem to cause the vibrations, but i don't know....

Yesterday I headed of with a mate to load his early 90's Landcruiser with gravel... It made a very distinct 'ting ting' as he let the clutch out, and he said it has been making it for a month now.

When he parked it I grabbed the d'shaft. Solid as a rock.

Same thing going home loaded, so when it was empty I said to park it level with the handbrake on & out of gear. "Oh, the handbrake is useless (on discs!) and I always leave it in gear"

Once we had it sitting freely the driveshaft was loose in the UJ, and once we had it off the pinion flange is loose with a little oil leaking out.

$28 for a new UJ, we stripped it but I've asked another mate to press the new one in, and I'll tackle the pinion after lunch.

Tomas 5mm will cause a terrific vibration, less than that will especially if it is a "loose" movement and not damped. The d/s should be firm in the rubber coupling and any movement should involve crushing the rubber. Either replace it or get it looked at. The driveline garage will check them all.

• 5 months later...

Hi All....my KE 70 having the same problem as i accelerate over 60 kmh...i changed 1 of the UJ on rare end of the drive shaft 1 month ago...vibration slowed down but not completely finished

Also, its vibrating when i pushed the clutch at high speed like 70 to 90 kmh