Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5K Dies Under Load

Featured Replies

OK, and I assume it was a new chain for the rebuild... so there's really no option except the adjustable cam gear?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you don't need a adjustable cam gear! you just have to drill a couple new holes in the cam sproket and get one to match up closes to the cam specs

 

ref here http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/46468-ke30-ascf-1200-junior-sedan-build-speedway/page__p__498786__hl__andy43__fromsearch__1#entry498786

  • Author

Do they even make adjustable cam gears for k motors? Because that would be cool. But otherwise, I plan on pulling taking the 4 front sump bolts out along with the radiator and grill next week end. I can get the cam gear off with taking the cam out, can't I?

If I pull the harmonic balancer, timing cover then the crank gear and timing chain.

I'll try and get the gaskets this week.

 

I think I'll scribe a line right through the centre of the gear. Then i'll drill a line 177.5 degrees from the original locating hole. If it doesn't work... I will be gutted and may consider setting it of FIRE!!!

i would jack the car up a meter in the air otherwise youll do your back!

 

remove balancer timing cover etc etc. don't need to remove radiator. (might even be easier to remove the engine and put it on a stand)

 

you wont need to remove the cam.

 

to drill a new dowel into the cam gear do what the other fellow done and use a old cam gear as a guide. drill some different holes in it and try to get the specs as close as you can

There is a mob in Norway that does EVERYTHING for K engines. Adjustable cam gears with a timing cover thats got a bolt on cover to get access to the gear adjustment.

 

post-5493-0-00248300-1321700402_thumb.jpg

Edited by SLO-030

Have an engineer drill three more holes, 3o'clock, 6o'clock, 9o'clock such that they give you 5deg, 10deg 15deg then one tooth difference. Datsun's had three holes to pick from and we used to drill the 4th.

 

That Norwegian gear looks lovely!

 

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.