Ke 70 New Suspension Bits!

oli

Just wondering where and what bushes you guys are using to replace the old worn bits of rubber??

I'm in uk and can't really find anyone with the bits here. and the companies I've looked at are

www.polybush.co.uk

www.superflex.co.uk

all of which don't list the ke70...... they do list some of the other toyotas' like the ae86 etc, which leads me on to another question. Would those fit the ke70?

Bascially drove the car back and it was giving me some knocking noises from the rear passenger side so jacked her up yesterday removed the rims and found a few surprises!

mainly rust!!!!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

and also monroe shock with 4x4 stuck to it....... no wonder she's riding that much air in between tyre and arch... so need to get some suspension sorted. no cut springs or bodges just some lowered springs and decent shocks all round and replace all bushes. In fact I need help on both suspension and also the bushes so :D

any help?? international distributers or any that do the ke 70...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i did do some searching .......

neolythane bushes seem to come up. so maybe someone cna shed some information there?

i hear so much bullshit about the ae86 parts that bolt on (not referring directly at your comment as i appreciate your answer and help there dude) about diffs gearboxes and even down to 86 seats fitting in my ke70 (of which i tried and only the2 outer bolt holes line up. the other 2 are about 20mm between face of mounting hole and flange of runner)

Is there someone out there that have actually taken suspension/bits from an ae86 and bolted them on no fuss? that can help answer these q's please? If i had access to an ae86 i'd try it and report back so we know exactly what fits and what doesn't............

I guess I'm the onlyone looking for these answers? :)

cheers in advance

if you were to take pics / show me EXCATLY what you wanted, i could get you the parts you need, providing they are what you want / suit your over sea's model, then i could order them in for you, and send them to you ?

Eg..

Tie Rod Ends, Steering Rack Boots, Lower controle arm bushes, ball joints, sway bar end bushes, steering rack to cross member bushes, swaybar to body bushes, casterbar bushes...

i can get anything :)

Nick:

Yeah I've read that thread before but thanks for the reminder- maybe i need to re-read that!

Teddy. Sounds like you be the man for the job! As long as bits don't cost the earth i might have to take you up on that... thanks

I know i deffo need new shocks and springs front and rear - in fact some uprated bits and lowered also.

In return would you be interested in chrome bumpers? I might know of some available (one set will be mine but I'm sure they have a few sets - front and rear)

hmmm, keep those chrome bumpers, early next year, when i can afford it, i will get them :) :lol:, but don't tell anyone about them :y:

Just make up a compelte list, and once its final, ill get prices and what not, and we an go from there :)

hmmm, keep those chrome bumpers, early next year, when i can afford it, i will get them :lol: :y:, but don't tell anyone about them :y:

Just make up a compelte list, and once its final, ill get prices and what not, and we an go from there :)

I will probably sort out a set of bumpers for myself and keep hold of a set for you too :) I'll find out the cost of them etc... probably wont be until after xmas anyway as I'm going to try and sort out the rust.

OK start the list now.

1) I want f/r shocks and springs stiffer and lower any suggestions?

Well, Monro Sport shocks all round (we use em, good shocks), King spring lows all round.

Shocks for front are about $160, not sure for rear (about same possibly?) Springs are about $200 for front, $200 for rear last time i checked; but thats brand new, legal lowered height.

Give me some pics of the bushes in ure car :)

pics of bushes? yeah will try and do that sometime.... but here in the uk, as its winter and i finish work at 6pm..... its dark when i go to work and dark when i get back :)

Prices seem reasonable its the shipping id be worried about haha

what drop are the kings low?

Tie Rod Ends, Steering Rack Boots, Lower controle arm bushes, ball joints, sway bar end bushes, steering rack to cross member bushes, swaybar to body bushes, casterbar bushes...

i can get anything :)

gimme gimme! Prothane poly bushes did not include rack to crossmember bushes, so i would need those for KE70.

All else came with AE86 total kit :)

Edit: David did you install AE86 rear arm bushes in KE70? Because in my TE71 the bushes were not replaceable like AE86 have. They were moulded straight to the arm.

Edited by Toycrash

Is there someone out there that have actually taken suspension/bits from an ae86 and bolted them on no fuss? that can help answer these q's please? If i had access to an ae86 i'd try it and report back so we know exactly what fits and what doesn't............

Ok i might be able to help you a bit. I have a AE71, the AE86 panhard rod bolted straight in, i've got AE86 coilovers for the front, for them to be installed you need 86/aftermarket strut tops, 86 steering arms and brake setup. But thats as much as i can tell you, because thats all the AE86 i have in my car at the moment. Oh and i have some AE86 superpro contolr arm bushes here, which i am pretty sure will fit the AE71, but i will find out for sure sooner or later!

Edited by ae71neo

il try and do a chop for you... oh do you have MSN btw ? lol

Here we go... small car - stock - big red car - looks to have king spring lows (or similar) - its about that height.

That drop is decent enough for me... so that's a legal drop? I don't think there are any legalities here abuot how low you want to be. The Monroe sport shocks enough to cope with this I take it....

If as david says the ke70 bushes are identical I can get these here in the uk so might pass on those...

I will have to digest the rest of the ino sometime as you all have some decent info and comments that I need to respond to

Cheers dudes :)